Gun Saves Homeowner From Criminal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, Jan 5, 2013.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Gun Saves Homeowner From Criminal...

Cops: Mother of two surprises intruder with five gunshots
    http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/mother-of-two-surprises-burglar-with-five-gunshots/nTnGR/

“He opens the closet door and finds himself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver,” said Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman, who relayed the woman’s narrative to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. He asked that her name be withheld.

The woman fired six bullets, five of which hit Paul Ali Slater in the face and neck area, Chapman said. But Slater was still conscious.

“The guy’s face down, crying,” the sheriff said. The woman told him to stay down or she’d shoot again.

Slater, unaware that she had emptied her chamber, obliged as the mother and her children ran to a neighbor’s house.

The injured burglar eventually made it out of the home and into his car, driving away before deputies arrived on the scene. He didn’t get far.

“When you got five bullets in you, it makes you kind of disoriented,” Chapman told the AJC.

Deputies found Slater bleeding profusely in a neighbor’s driveway.

“I’m dying. Help me,” he told them, according to Chapman.

Slater was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center and is expected to survive, the sheriff said.

'Expected to survice' - that is a shame. The neighbor should have finished him off with a shotgun.

2. The homeowner/victim should be arrested for only having a revolver. :D :p :eek: :cool:

3. Scientific studies have consistently found that places with more guns have more violent deaths, both homicides and suicides. Women and children are more likely to die if there’s a gun in the house. The more guns in an area, the higher the local suicide rates. “Generally, if you live in a civilized society, more guns mean more death,” said David Hemenway, director of the Harvard Injury Control Research Center. “There is no evidence that having more guns reduces crime. None at all.”

After a gruesome mass murder in 1996 provoked public outrage, Australia enacted stricter gun laws, including a 28-day waiting period before purchase and a ban on semiautomatic weapons. Before then, Australia had averaged one mass shooting a year. Since, rates of both homicide and suicide have dropped 50 percent, and there have been no mass killings, said Ms. Peters, who lobbied for the legislation.

4. pspr

pspr

You really don't want people dying in your house. It's best that they leave a bloody trail from inside to outside where they can die in the yard or somewhere else.

5. wjk

wjk

Stop comparing us to other countries unless you want to include the gun bans prior to the great murderous tyrannies of the last century.

It amazes me that anyone who owns a gun is anti-gun. Your deer rifle is as powerful as any .223, maybe more so. I feel certain that you would use if for self-defense in the event of a home invasion (or do you really believe it would put you in more danger by brandishing it?).

Regarding draconian gun laws: "Assault" rifles today, hunting rifles tomorrow. Period. I don't know why you don't see that. Feinstein has had staff writing her draconian law for over a year, just waiting for a lunatic to strike.

The 2nd amendment isn't about hunting as so many try to claim. Listen to Mark Levin's free archive from last night if you want to know what it's about. He has forgotten more about the constitution than O man or any of you lefties will ever know.

You like to study. You present yourself as educated and well read. I dare you to listen to Mark for a few weeks. You might learn something about the constitution. He served as chief of staff for Meeks under Reagan, which gives him cred that rush and others don't have. Give it a try.

http://www.marklevinshow.com/sectional.asp?id=32930

6. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Please point to a single mainstream study with statistics that demonstrates this.

Can you explain all the deaths from the gunman in Norway?

Can you explain all the violent deaths from knives, hammers, and other weapons that greatly exceed gun deaths?

Mexico has very strict gun ownership laws. Please provide us with information about Mexico's violent death rate.

The safest cities and towns in the U.S. have no gun restrictions. The places with the highest levels of violent deaths such as Washington D.C. and Chicago have all sorts of gun restrictions.

7. wjk

wjk

Comparing to other countries doesn't work. If it hadn't been for us, countries that surrendered their gun rights last century might still be dictatorships.

We are allowing the left and others to convince us that the purpose of the 2nd was for reasons other than to prevent tyranny from rearing its ugly head here..

8. I wonder how much good quoting these studies on the dangers of keeping a gun in the home will do if its 2 am and someone is breaking into your house?

An aunt of mine told me that a few years ago, she heard someone trying to break into her house around 2 am. She said that she called 911 (in Detroit) and was told that the police were being dispatched. In the meantime she grabbed her .38 special and her 12 gauge shotgun and ran downstairs. She when she got to the bottom of the stair case she racked that pump action shotgun and the heard the very distinct noise of a person running.

The really interesting part of the story is that 2 hours later she received a phone call from the Detroit Police Department asking if she still needed an officer to come by. She was so mad that she told them "no" and that she was dead already, and hung up.

She now has a CPL license and carries a 9 mm Smith and Wesson M&P.

She wants to move, but no one will buy her house for a decent price and her neighborhood has only gotten worse.

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Which "studies"? Link?

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

#10     Jan 5, 2013