Gun control toast

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Apr 17, 2013.

1. wjk

wjk

Why would there need to be a trade? My bill of rights doesn't restrict what type of style I want. It doesn't restrict my mag size.

Want to satisfy me? Define crazy, and lock it in fucking stone. Assure me that my ideology won't somehow define me as "crazy".
    You can't. Especially after the way some were attacked by the left (as I spoke of earlier).

I don't trust my gov. I don't trust the current right wing politicians, and I trust the left even less. You know that many in power want total confiscation. You can't convince me otherwise as I've heard the very words from the senators and reps themselves. Google it.

As I've said, I'm all for keeping guns out of the hands of the insane. A simple bill can do that, not hundreds or thousands of pages that need a lawyer to interpret.

A simple bill regarding this issue that all read before voting on it, that we the people have a chance to vet, and then I might be interested in getting on board.

Post edit: Ricter, how would a bill regarding the insane keep them from buying guns illegally?

#51     Apr 17, 2013
  2. Ricter

Ricter

What does "well regulated" mean to you?

#52     Apr 17, 2013
  3. wjk

wjk

Not going to bite. That debate has been had repeatedly, and we will not agree on it.

Back to my post edit question. If we passed a bill to keep guns out of the hands of the insane, how do we keep them from getting them illegally (excluding complete confiscation, of course)?

#53     Apr 17, 2013
  4. Ricter

Ricter

And that's why trades are made.

#54     Apr 17, 2013
  5. Ricter

Ricter

We do our best, with an understanding born of maturity that perfection is impossible.

#55     Apr 17, 2013
  6. wjk

wjk

Ok, then. Here's a good trade. How bout prosecuting all the gun crimes before passing bills to restict my gun freedoms. You about that?

#56     Apr 17, 2013
  7. pspr

pspr

The more Ricter posts the more obvious it is that he is clinically insane.

#57     Apr 17, 2013
  8. wjk

wjk

Here's another trade. Let's put sick people back in institutions if they don't take their meds...even once. Let's do forced testing 3 or 4 times a week.

What you fail to understand, or perhaps you do understand and approve of, some of us in society are sick and fucking tired of our rights being taken away for actions we have nothing to do with. Some call it dumbing down to the lowest common denominator. It's the liberal way, don't you know?...you know. ;)

#58     Apr 17, 2013
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

He definitely shouldn't have a gun.

#59     Apr 17, 2013
  10. I am in total agreement with your post, the reason i said that is because it currently is illegal or nigh impossible to obtain certain guns, even though it should not be. And by insane, I mean a clinically certified psycho, like prescribed anti psychotic meds.. not someone who visited a psychologist as a child cause their parents were getting divorced etc. Of course, there needs to be some recourse in case someone gets placed on that list who shouldn't be there.. cause that would obviously happen. I would be dumbfounded if no list exists, at least on a state level. What good are these laws and regs if someone can just lie on their application?

#60     Apr 17, 2013