Gun control toast

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Apr 17, 2013.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Then why is a democrat the majority leader?

#31     Apr 17, 2013
  2. There is nothing logical about your statement. the Senate IS in fact, democrat controlled. You may mean it isn't controlled by the far left, liberty hating, anti-American fascists like the douche who occupies the WH, and most of his admin.

#32     Apr 17, 2013
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Pant all you want, the observable evidence is that if it were "controlled" by the dems then enough votes to block a filibuster would have been cast.

#33     Apr 17, 2013
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Back in the 90's a application form for a handgun included a question: "Are you now or have you ever suffered from a mental illness?"

Anyone can check the "No" box and bada bing bada boom...

I've applied for BTAF approval to own a sound suppressor. Part of the paper work asked for "proof" that I'm a US citizen. The "proof", a form asking for the name of the applicant - me. The name of the person verifying my status - me.
    And then signed at the bottom by - me.

Bada bing bada boom the BTAF now officially considers me a US citizen.

#34     Apr 17, 2013
  5. You're avoiding reality, it is controlled by dems, and that just isn't disputable. there just weren't enough of them that agreed with this bill.

#35     Apr 17, 2013
  6. Ricter

Ricter

So yes, it's not quite "controlled" by dems.

#36     Apr 17, 2013
  7. That is ridiculous, but if it is that easy then plenty of crazy people have bought guns before. What do we pay regulators for if we don't even have like a 'don't sell to list' or something.

So right now, a psychotic individual can be released from a mental hospital, and just go by a gun?

#37     Apr 17, 2013
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

It depends on the state of course. But the typical incompetence of government bureaucracy applies to "background checks" as well as everything else.

I read right here just the other day that in NV released mental patients are bused to other states, literally.

We don't have a gun or lack of gun control problem to begin with. We have a mental illness problem, where the mentally ill are allowed to live among us.

#38     Apr 17, 2013
  9. i can't believe people trust these govt fools to make more decisions for themselves when there is so much evidence that they do almost nothing right. I mean we're talking something as simple as a spreadsheet with a vlookup, so that the dealer types in a name and some other info and if the name shows up, they can't buy a gun. doesn't get easier than that. If i had access to a database i (and probably millions of other people) could make one in mere minutes lol.

#39     Apr 17, 2013
  10. Eight

Eight

I know gun sellers, they don't sell to somebody they think is crazy. They don't sell to somebody that is talking about shooting somebody, etc...

#40     Apr 17, 2013