Gun control toast

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Apr 17, 2013.

1. Ricter

Ricter

It was a bill that, in part, expanded background checks to gun shows and internet sales, so that crazy people would have a tougher time getting guns. Everyone agrees that crazy people should not have guns. And the idea has the support of nearly 90% of the population, and over 80% of republicans and gun owners. But, the NRA lobby was successful in buying off about a dozen <del>gun mfg shills</del> reps, that's all it took.

#21     Apr 17, 2013
  2. so.. yes.

#22     Apr 17, 2013
  3. Ricter

Ricter

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you were being rhetorical as an excuse to hurl a cathartic (did it work?) insult.

#23     Apr 17, 2013
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

90% of the population and 80% of republicans are obviously unaware that the vast majority of guns used in crimes are stolen. No amount of background checks is going to affect that.

The CT school shooter stole his weapons from his mom who had passed a background check.
    The Gabby Gifford shooter had passed a background check.

Background checks are a joke, waste of time and resources PERIOD.

#24     Apr 17, 2013
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Couldn't even pass the democrat controlled senate. :D

#25     Apr 17, 2013
  6. i had no idea. anyway it is already illegal for literally insane people to purchase weapons.

#26     Apr 17, 2013
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Yes, and it is not, thanks to today's vote, a requirement to check if a documented insane person is trying to illegally buy a weapon at a gun show or over the internet.

#27     Apr 17, 2013
  8. Surprising.. i bet reid had a little something to do with it. I hate the guy but i know much of his support comes from the pro-gun lobby.

Anyway, awesome news!!

#28     Apr 17, 2013
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Logically, it is not "democrat controlled".

#29     Apr 17, 2013
  10. i don't know for certain, but it seems like that is bullshit. The gun still has to be shipped to a FFL dealer if bought online. And really, i wouldn't have a problem with a law that imposed harsh penalties on sellers who sell to documented ex felons or certifiably insane people. To me an ideal gun bill, a real compromise, would be the above in exchange for unrestricted access to full auto's. None of this side deal pork barrel bullshit, and obviously not registration and mag capacity limits etc.. how fucking stupid.

#30     Apr 17, 2013