Gun Control - The History

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Dec 1, 2011.

1. #11     Dec 2, 2011
  2. Is that what your inflatable Obama boyfriend told you?

Reid's voting record in that link spans almost 20 years and goes through 2010.

#12     Dec 2, 2011
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Good, I am glad it is not the case today - clearly shows the democrats are making progress and joining their right isle colleagues in understanding the constitution.

#13     Dec 2, 2011
  4. I think it shows they're being even less honest about their true intentions than ever before.

#14     Dec 2, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/flbzbFbKxK0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks like nothing more than a photo op for Reid to me.
    His voting record speaks volumes.

#15     Dec 2, 2011
  6. pspr

pspr

It reminds me of John Kerry and his little hunting expeditons when he was running for President. I doubt he has picked up a gun since then.

#16     Dec 2, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Probably as much due to fear of shooting himself as anything else.

#17     Dec 2, 2011
  8. Crispy

Crispy

Bloomberg is the last holdout on the dems "gun control" racket gone sour.

And I hope that fucker spends his last dime to the grave trying to strip us of our rights....lolololol...cause it will NEVER happen in the USA. We love our guns and always will.

#18     Dec 2, 2011
  9. I am amazed at just how gullible people are.

Do you think for a minute if the democrats thought they could enact a widespread gun ban they wouldn't do it? Look at cities they control, eg Washington, DC, chicago, NYC. All have draconian gun control.

Two things stop them. One, republicans have a majority in the House and a blocking minority in the Senate. Two, democrats know voters are suspiscious of gun control schemes.

Don't think they aren't beavering away to try to change both of these. The whole point of Fast and Furious was to coordinate a big gun seizure with handfed newspaper articles to "prove" what a big problem unregistered long guns and especially "assault weapons" were. Then there would have been the drumbeat for "common snese" controls, meaning eventually an outright ban on owning any semi-auto weapon.

There is not a shooting tragedy anywhere that they don't try to exploit to enact gun bans. The Gifford shooting in Arizona was a twofer for them. They could remake the cliched anti-gun arguments and also attack Sarah Palin.

On another front, rabid anti-gun rights campaigner Hillary Clinton has been working to enact a UN treaty on small arms trade. Ostensibly intended to interrupt the flow of arms to hot spots around the world, the real agenda is to override political and Constitutional barriers to gun ownership in one of the last countries where citizens can legally arm themselves.

In short, democrats are about as credible on gun rights as they are on tax cutting. They will say whatever they think is politically expedient, but we know what their true agenda is.

#19     Dec 2, 2011
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

IQ 47, you've just been made to look like a fool.

#20     Dec 2, 2011