Gun control: some surprising facts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jcl, Aug 14, 2012.

1. IOW: Your criminals are too fvcking poor to buy guns :D :D
    I keep reading about how the euroweenie standard of living is lower
    than our own, thanks for proving it in an anecdotal way.

#21     Aug 15, 2012
  2. 2) Just to be clear, this is a 'change of position' and not sarcasm?

1) I can agree that has happened historically, but every society ever has had its super elite, and not every society has ended in revolution by the poor. Anyway, the federal government of this country was set up to protect the property of individuals, both material and in their thoughts.. not to enforce 'economic equality'. And certainly not to promote class warfare, like our petty bitch ass President, who is guilty of both and more.

#22     Aug 15, 2012
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Actually, I never was for gun control, for practical reasons. I do like to point out, though, that is can work under the right circumstances.

Such as it is (mild) this class war is not the US's first.

#23     Aug 15, 2012
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

Worked my way through college as a police officer. I worked in a rural area south east part of US.

Jeff Foxworthy made a joke, but it's stunning how true it is: "if you see an engine block hanging from a tree, know that there's a gun in that house!"
    Lol!

If a shitbag KNOWS there is a gun in that house and KNOWS the owner will use it, they will go elsewhere to commit their crime.

Gun control lunatics can't understand the above, nor argue with it.

Last, we had an elderly man's home broken into, and we told him to buy a shotgun and learn how to use it. He said he had one in the closet, and we never thought more about it. Months later we get a call of a burglary, and shot intruder. We raced there to find that the suspected shithead in the last break in did it again. This time, he wasn't going anywhere... I was taking photos, and noticed a piece of the shithead's spine laying in an ashtray two rooms away from where he met a .12 gauge shotgun.

Long story short, the elderly man was never charged, and we didn't have another burglary in that area for at least two years. Funny how that works...

The anti gun loons don't want to argue with me, as I bring facts and common sense to the argument that ALWAYS shuts them down.

#24     Aug 15, 2012
  5. Whether or not class war has happened before is irrelevant to the point, which is the US GOVT is supposed to defend an individuals property, not confiscate and redistribute it to the envious who believe they are owed something just for being born. By the way they only believe that because scumbag politicians tell them that's fair.

#25     Aug 15, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

It's always the same story from the haves, "scumbag" this, "parasite" that, etc. Always the same.

#26     Aug 15, 2012
  7. Eight

Eight

"Parasite" is a pretty accurate description about 90% of the time, no?

#27     Aug 15, 2012
  8. I called the politicians who promote and legalize what they have no legitimate authority to, scumbags.

Also I'm not sure what you consider a "have" but I'm nowhere near wealthy.

#28     Aug 15, 2012
  9. Today's gun craziness:

Two people were shot in Oakland on Tuesday while attending a vigil for another man killed in a shooting over the weekend (link); two shootings in Chattanooga, neither gang-related (link); an eight-grader was shot and killed by a 16-year-old in Charlotte (link); and a man in Westminster, Maryland, shot two other men (killing one) because he said he was "being picked on." (link)

#29     Aug 15, 2012
  10. In Germany, the UK and I auppose all of europe, they would argue that the scumbag's life was worth more than anything he could have stolen. An elderly man's sense of security and freedom from fear are worth nothing to them I guess.

#30     Aug 15, 2012