Gun control is about Urban vs Rural areas

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IShopAtPublix, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Obama only lost one swing state. That is a landslide in electoral college. If compare it to W where he "won" by one state Florida, and then 2004 in Ohio that is a soul crushing defeat for the other party.

#31     Dec 19, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

The list I got those stats from INCLUDED all the major US cities.
    Your statement was wrong PERIOD.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_cities_by_crime_rate
    I wonder if the 9 innocent bystanders shot by the NYPD recently would agree.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=248125&perpage=10&pagenumber=1
    We don't have a "gun problem". We have a fucked up, stupid, crazy, evil people problem.

Do you have ANY facts to back up these suggestions of yours? ANY?
    How do you guys come up with these utterly arbitrary limits anyway?

#32     Dec 19, 2012
  3. achilles28

achilles28

This.

IShoTatpublix - criminals don't follow the laws, genius. Ban open carry and handguns? Thugs will buy handguns on the blackmarket and carry them on the street. Gun control does nothing to stop criminals from owning weapons!!!

#33     Dec 19, 2012
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

According to Churchill the ideal is "Magnanimous in Victory, Defiant in Defeat". What gives you the idea that republicans should behave with humility?

I think republicans should fight like hell, gum up the mechanism, frustrate and tie up the enemy and generally obstruct, delay and diminish the efforts of the democrats.

#34     Dec 19, 2012
  5. pspr

pspr

That's the problem. They don't have the House or the super majority in the Senate to force their agenda on the country any longer. They see the two landmark bills Obama passed are ObamaCare and Frank Dodd, both of which are abominations. Obama has screwed up a lot of stuff with the EPA, Justice, Energy and other departments but they can't abondon him. Nothing important they care about is going to happen with this Congress. If I were a liberal I would be really pissed, too. This is probably their last shot.

#35     Dec 19, 2012
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

My soul doesn't feel crushed.

My feeling is mostly a bone-chilling fear that over half the country is really stupid enough to reelect Barrack Obama. That is scary because you can't fix stupid.

#36     Dec 19, 2012

7. Adjust that table by population and you would be amazed. You are not very bright are you?

#37     Dec 19, 2012
  8. pspr

pspr

I did. I was amazed at the number of murders and crime in most of the liberal intercity hell holes in deep democrap states.

#38     Dec 19, 2012
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

He is bright, trust me.

You were doing well being civil, why take the low road now?

#39     Dec 19, 2012
  10. Because he is arguing things that are blatantly obvious. You compare NYPD to LAPD and it is not even funny. NYPD is way more effective. In another thread he is trying to prove that LA is safer than NYC which it is not. You compare across all statistics and NYC is doing very well, much better than much smaller cities located in states with easy gun laws.

Compare NYC to Jax/FL and tell me how open carry works wonders. Bear in mind Jax/FL is MUCH MUCH smaller.

#40     Dec 19, 2012