Gun control is about Urban vs Rural areas

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IShopAtPublix, Dec 19, 2012.

1. wjk

wjk

Just turn 100's of millions who never did a fucking thing wrong into criminals with the stroke of a pen. It's politicians who think like you that make me want to puke. Here's an idea. Read "Liberty and Tyranny" then get back to us on that dictator-like idea.

#21     Dec 19, 2012
  2. There are two groups of people loose constructionists and strict constructionists. One group wants to unquestionably and in perpetuity chain themselves to a document written more than 200 years ago before just about any invention of significance. The other group thinks of the Constitution as a "flexible document" that you fit into present times.

The Founding Fathers wrote the 2nd amendment when their biggest concern in life was not to be invaded by the British Empire. At the time the weapons were muskets and flintlock pistols. Do you honestly believe the right to bear arms they envisioned would be the same one in the world of semiautomatic weapons? The firepower I could posses today if I wanted to would exceed their wildest dreams.

#22     Dec 19, 2012
  3. wjk

wjk

I don't need you or the gov to determine what my needs are for self defense. You have no fucking idea. Why don't you just admit that you are afraid of gun owners for some reason? Isn't that it? Why else would you say a gun owner affects everyone around him.

The 2nd gives me the right to defend myself. It doesn't tell me that I can only defend myself with a certain type of weapon.

If you had your way, you would be all but advocating searching every house to see who's now a criminal because they didn't agree to sell back to the gov. How else would they know? Your buy back or jail choice IS what the 2nd was put in place to prevent! It's not outdated at all when I see ideas like yours.

#23     Dec 19, 2012
  4. You are a classical case. Your possession of a gun does not just affect you, it affects everyone around you. I don't like going to my local publix knowing that EVERY single moron there could have a gun. Every time someone cuts ME off on a road, I always understand that if they pulled a gun out and sprayed my car there is NOTHING I could do, even if I had a conceal permit (I am against those).

#24     Dec 19, 2012
  5. wjk

wjk

Thx for more making my point. You are afraid so we should all be subject to your fear. Typical lib.

#25     Dec 19, 2012
  6. Seriously do you folks write this nonsense just to amuse us?

#26     Dec 19, 2012
  7. "You people" lost a federal election recently and got your clocks cleaned. I expect a dose of humility from that.

#27     Dec 19, 2012
  8. wjk

wjk

I see a fairly evenly divided country myself. Not even close to a mandate.

#28     Dec 19, 2012
  9. pspr

pspr

My clock is still dirty. In fact it stopped running last week. Are you the one I should call to come clean it?

#29     Dec 19, 2012
  10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Exactly.

Amazing how the left thinks the right is so defeated that it should just lay down and stop breathing.

I'm also amazed by how angry many on the left still are even after their man was reelected and they won other races around the country. Instead of settling down and trying to fix the economic mess they've doubled-down on class warfare and want to silence any forms of conservative commentary by literally closing down Fox News etc.

I know Obama won handily but it wasn't a landslide and I don't think it was a mandate, not even close.

#30     Dec 19, 2012