Gun control is about Urban vs Rural areas

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IShopAtPublix, Dec 19, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

ISAP reminds me of the Congressman you have in Georgia that was asking the General if he was concerned about an island tipping over if they put a military base on one side. :D :D

#11     Dec 19, 2012

2. According to me and anybody with a brain. You can't have a hodge podge piecemeal solution to guns. You can't have states where guns are sold like cigarette packs coexisting with states with good gun control.

When people trash big cities they don't understand the dynamics of crime. If you are going to set up a criminal network you won't set it up in a town of 1500 that nobody gives a damn about. You will naturally gravitate to big cities. I know big cities in the world that are complete hell holes because there are LOTS OF GUNS there and no law and order. If guns lowered crime Mogadishu would be a paradise instead of a hell hole.

#12     Dec 19, 2012
  3. Is there a full moon or something bringing these people out?

Who the fuck are you to decide what i can own?

These are the same fools who criticize republicans for wanting to stick their nose in the bedroom. All I see is liberals telling us what to do , what to eat, what to smoke, who to hire, who to lend money to, etc. Now they actually want to tell us how to defend our homes.

I'm on the far side of fed up. Let's get those secession petition sout again.

#13     Dec 19, 2012
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Every home in Switzerland has a fully automatic military-grade assault rifle.

Chicago has a nearly complete ban of all firearms.

Which is safer?

#14     Dec 19, 2012
  5. umadbro? Your possession of a gun affects not only you but EVERYONE around you. The impact is immediate and direct. If I eat fat food or whether I had an abortion (If I were a female but I am not) does not affect you one bit.

#15     Dec 19, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Define your idea of "good gun control" if you would.

By "trashing" you mean citing factual statistics?
    You might want to mention that to many a small town sheriff that didn't get that memo. I was watching the Documentary channel just last night. They were airing a piece on the drug problems - in our small rural towns.
    And the proliferation of firearms is THE only reason they're hell holes?
    Or is it because there is no law and order, as you said?

#16     Dec 19, 2012
  7. pspr

pspr

My guns are in my bedroom and closet. They will only affect you if you try to break into my house. Then they will affect you greatly.

UPDATE: Oh, if you are a Pheasant roaming the plains they might effect you, too.

#17     Dec 19, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Did you mean me FIRING my weapon affects everyone around me?
    Cause I'm pretty sure my owning it doesn't.

#18     Dec 19, 2012
  9. wjk

wjk

Only if they try to commit a crime against me.

#19     Dec 19, 2012
  10. Switzerland is a gem with an extremely high standard of living. Even there gun control is different than in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Switzerland
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...l-and-switzerland-are-not-gun-toting-utopias/

This is what happens when kids start talking about things they don't know about.

Notice there is a passage about carry permits being issued to people working in security. The right to bear arms there is tied to military service, you can walk around with it if you are in the military but once you are out, it stays in your home.

#20     Dec 19, 2012