Gulf states, China, Russia, France and Japan to end conducting oil deals in USD

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 5, 2009.

1. When dollar is in hyper inflation, bankers would be able to scoop up all properties in U.S. dirty cheap. This may be why bankers want to destroy the dollar.

#41     Oct 6, 2009
  2. I agree, Barack Obama is just a puppet whose strings are controlled by someone above him.

#42     Oct 6, 2009

3. hmmm,

sounds like the movies,

isn't it Halloween soon?

#43     Oct 6, 2009
  4. Serious question: you seem to have a strong conviction on this scenario playing out, and I assume you have assets in USD -- so what do you do right now, specifically, in reaction to it?

#44     Oct 7, 2009
  5. achilles28

achilles28

For starters, I day-trade. My account is denominated in CAD. I hold some long-term positions in gold, silver and yuan. US equities should sky-rocket from a dollar collapse. Long-term investors in hard assets should do okay (metal, commodity, short-dollar). American real estate is too high, but a possible venue to park money. Schiff recommends foreign stocks - specifically Asia. Being a Patriot, I won't buy foreign equities. But China, Singapore, Taiwan and Korean issues should do well.

There's some qualifiers regarding timing, however. First, the dollar is still preeminent. Another US selloff is around the corner (days or weeks). Unemployment is staggering. In the short-term (months), we'll get another equity/commodity sell-off, and dollar rally. Then I'd look to add dollar shorts/commodity longs/and foreign equities. If so inclined.

After, there's some leading indicators for dollar weakness.

1) Softening Treasury purchases from China/Japan.

2) If we're still in recession (by jobs), and the dollar sells off on bad news (inverse of the flight to quality), that's alarm bells.

Its really just a matter of when. US and foreign dignitaries are heralding the end of the dollar. That means something. Either Goldman has completely infiltrated our Constitutional Republic and plans to orchestrate the largest bear-trap in history. Or US fiduciaries really mean what they say. Given the ease in which our economic woes could be solved (and weren't), and the Congressional admission Bankers "own us (sic 'the place')", I'd say its pretty much done.

Reminds me of that scene from Wallstreet.

I just found out about the garage sale at Bluestar, Gordon...

#45     Oct 7, 2009
  6. What is the effect on the value of existing foreign-held US debt?

#46     Oct 7, 2009
  7. achilles28

achilles28

Gets flushed. 30-50 cents on the dollar.

#47     Oct 7, 2009
  8. This article doesn't make sense. Why would the basket of currencies not include the USD at all?

#48     Oct 8, 2009

9. it seems that these dooms day scenarios always seem to come from external US sources.

guess the fishbowl effect really does happen,

well, if its any consolulation to those CAD traders, its just as murky waters inside the fishbowl, as it appears from outside.

who knows how this will all shake out.

hey, is the sun shining today?

#49     Oct 8, 2009