GUIs: Rendering Level-2 Data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by lolatency, Jun 28, 2009.

1. I'll be the first to admit I am a terrible GUI programmer. I got turned off by GUI development because of how tedious Win32 programming in C used to be, and I never got too absorbed in GUIs because I found writing them to be overly tedious and boring.

That having been said, I'd like to render level-2 data sort of like how retail vendors do it, but with a homebrew solution so I can annotate and put various markers into my depth book.

Some questions:

1) Is there open source stuff I can lift for this and modify, because I'm lazy?
    2) I'm looking at wxWidgets and wxPython. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Note:

- Don't give a !@#% about speed
    - Just need it to look reasonable, does not have to be commercial quality

Leaning towards wxPython, unless someone here hooks me up with something more deluxe.

2. Try Qt. Very stable. I saw some open source stuff a while back that connected a grid to AMQP. Don't remember where I saw it.

3. rosy2

rosy2

if you are running your GUIs on windows use c#. i think its the easiest of all GUI toolkits (easier than swing and wxwidgets). the thing with wxpython is there is no drag and drop simpleness. c# is beyond simple...ignorantly simple. unfortunately theres no free GUI add ons and the community is of course "windows" but the components that you can buy look cool: gauges, charts, progress bars, fancy buttons.