Guiding false belief of the extreme left.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Savant, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

#11     Apr 18, 2011
  2. rew

rew

The left does not want equality of opportunity. It wants equality of outcomes, which requires ever more totalitarian measures. After all, how does the left "prove" that fairness has not been achieved? By pointing to disparate outcomes.

#12     Apr 18, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Of course I can't speak for all leftists (neither can you), but... false.

#13     Apr 18, 2011
  4. Savant

Savant

Why are you trying to avoid answering the question?

#14     Apr 18, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

You're the one who started this thread.

#15     Apr 18, 2011
    #16     Apr 18, 2011
  7. pspr

pspr

I think that is pretty much true with the lone exception the leaders of the left.

#17     Apr 18, 2011
  8. Savant

Savant

Yes, I did in which I asked you a question that you have so far tried to evade. I don't know why, you dislike the answer? You're ashamed of it? You feel it will be used against you? I don't know. It's a simple question; are you resentful towards people who have inherited wealth? I'm trying to actually understand your views and perspective.

#18     Apr 19, 2011
  9. Ricter

Ricter

There are no questions in your first post, only statements. To clarify your position then, before we "discuss", do you think fairness/justice are higher principles than equality?

#19     Apr 19, 2011
  10. Savant

Savant

Even though I asked you the question first, since I'm the one with good form and hence the noblesse oblige, I'll go ahead and answer first, even though social ethics wouldn't dictate that to be the case.

Yes, I believe I can comfortably say I hold fairness and justice above equality.

#20     Apr 19, 2011