Guess who scares the libs in `08?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TGregg, Mar 10, 2006.

1. That's the same logic that says six African American guys together in a group is either a gang or up to no good. Stretching the truth a bit there aren't you? You actually studied guards behavior in high school? Hell of a class! Don't go for effect, stay with facts and we can try to solve real issues!

There is no guarantee everyone will be corrupt just because they can. I wouldn't subscribe to that generalization if I were you. The administration did not train these, or any, soldiers. No President, congress, or House of Reps did so you can't blame or give any of the credit for that.

High school is not where you go to learn to handle wars my friend. You've got to understand that high school psychology is not the end all be all. If that's the total logic base that you're using for your war wisdom, then I do understand your positions. It makes a ton of sense. It does allow me to now frame your arguments with the correct contextual understanding.

That phobia of yours is quite health too. It's the one that can't see a few bad apples and is ready to condemn the tree! :)

#41     Mar 12, 2006
  2. achilles28

achilles28

indeed. Couldn't have said it any better myself.

#42     Mar 12, 2006
  3. First of all, please post these "numerous comments opposing illegal immigrants" I have supposedly posted. Are you sure you're not mistaking me for someone else?

Second, the issue I had with ConMoron is his using the term "wetback." I'm against this kind of racial hate-mongering; perhaps you are not.

#43     Mar 12, 2006
  4. Hey dumbass, where did Matt8200 mention "incrementalism"? He clearly questioned whether we "still have a constitution" on the basis of the PA and Guatanamo, not they they have been eroded.

And if you are going to mark a questionable situation like this as proof of erosion of the Constitution, there are far better examples that are illustrated every day in this country.

I swear to god...you're half-retarded.

Which makes achilles 28's comment...

...proof that he is FULLY retarded.

Good grief, do the two of you live together in Jerry Lewis' house and jerk each other off in the shower?

--------------------------------------------------------

#44     Mar 12, 2006

5. No, that is the way the world works. Terrorist are not the most logical people there are. They will remember those pictures.

Yes, that is what I said wasn't it. There were several experiments that studied guard behavior, the Stanford prison and Milgram experiments. It relates directly to what happened in Iraq.
    http://www.apa.org/topics/iraqiabuse.html

When did I say that they were all corrupt? I said it doesn't matter if only a few of them are corrupt, it is the images of the corrupt soldiers that will be remembered by terrorist.

Here is a lesson on the US government:

"The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States:
    --Section 2, Clause 1 of the Constitution

"The Department of Defense is headed by a civilian; the Secretary of Defense, who is appointed by the President of the United States. Under the Secretary of Defense, there are three military departments: The Department of the Army, the Department of the Air Force, and the Department of the Navy. Each of these military departments are also headed up by civilians; the Secretary of the Army, the Secretary of the Air Force, and the Secretary of the Navy. These "service secretaries" are also appointed by the President."
    http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/generalinfo/a/military101.htm

lol who do you think is responsible for the military, the courts?

#45     Mar 12, 2006
  6. TheConMan posts this racist screed:

I respond by calling him an ignorant f**k for doing so.

SO WHAT DOES RESINATE DO?

He sends me this PM titled "Thin Ice" and says:

I got a complaint about this post by you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from hapaboy:

You're such an ignorant fuck.

But you knew that already.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have been thru this enough times. This is your last warning. Next flaming like this and you will be banned.

So hey resinate, why haven't you taken any action to censure TheConMan for his racist remarks about Hispanics?

Do you even care about his racist remarks?

Would you agree that by posting them he is ignorant?

Obviously you feel more upset by my response to his racist remarks than the fact that he posted them.

C'mon, Resinate, explain yourself...

#46     Mar 12, 2006
  7. That's the way the world works? Sorry, not everywhere. Six black men together does not a gang make.

Geez, I didn't realize that you were still in high school. Sorry about that one! Ok, that study you referenced starts here:
    First, are we to assume that all white males given power spots don't know how to act and will abuse power? I read the survey and I didn't notice where the survey was handled using a multi-racial contingent either as prisoners or as guards to see if this was a contributing factor.

Further, it didn't address whether or not the level of education was a factor and if it was equivalent to the guards in the military facility. Nor did the study address individuals having different levels of experience, or coming from different regions of the country. What I am saying is this study, while nicely documented, is only an experiment at best. None of these individuals are on the line, nor militarily trained, nor subject to the penalties for bad behavior. Piss poor survey!

One of the things that you need to do is question even the so-called experts. We, you, can take this textbook expert and put him under a microscope and dissect him also. You really do need to understand that some of the experts are that in degree and writing "ONLY!" You can read every manual that there is on something and be the most learned person around. But understand it still is just that, "book expertise!" When these guys got through playing guards, they went back to whatever it was they were doing. That doesn't happen in the military.

There was a program in the late seventies called scared straight. They took juveniles to jail to let them interact with lifers to try to keep them straight. This was administrated by a few PHd's who believed this was the way. Especially with minorities. It was to become a nationwide program. Long story short, that program doesn't exist anywhere that level today.

I could probably find you experts that can counter exactly what was derived from that experiment also. Especially from a minority standpoint. Stay vigilant when someone tells you that everyone is bad. This doctors survey noted too many 100% bad results for me. Of course, his survey would logically lead me to ask are all white people corrupt when given power positions? Not good!

I would also say that the extremists don't need images for motivation. The balance of folks who have experience interacting with Americans do know better. Trust me!

Good try with the governmental lesson though, but you have to read the sentences correctly. The sentence read:
    While you are correct in the fact that he is the "Commander In Chief", he is not the "Trainer In Chief." You should learn from your ROTC officer who trains the troops. They do still allow them on your campus I hope. :)

#47     Mar 12, 2006
  8. p.s. if you defend your country against an occupying army, you are now a terrorist/enemy combatant.
    RIP Geneva convention.

Yes, be very scared of non-violent peace activists like me, who strive for justice. We are the enemy now.

#48     Mar 12, 2006
  9. Not a problem. Map out your route, get your marching permit and go for it!

The police will even help you with traffic control by the way. Afterwards you can even pop over to Starbucks for a tall one! In this country, properly planed and authorized civil protest is ok you know. And you won't even be stoned, shot, or IED'd! Oh America!! :)

#49     Mar 12, 2006
  10. Maybe not everyone, but like I said, terrorist are not the most intelligent people.

If you would have read my post, you would have seen that I said I learned it in high school, not that I am in high school. My point is that it should be somewhat common knowledge.

Maybe you should go back and read the link I posted again. It says:

"Q: What percentage of people can be expected to become abusive and sadistic when power is placed in their hands?

A: According to Dr. Zimbardo and others who studied the issue, the overwhelming majority of soldiers do not commit abuses or atrocities, but a few will cross the line of human decency in any war or conflict."

You do not have a leg to stand on since the study predicted exactly what actually occurred in the real world.

Please do, I would love to see a study that says improperly trained guards will never abuse power when they are left unsupervised.

Who do you think appoints these officers and decides the curriculum they teach? Who makes the decision to allow ordinary solders to guard prisoners?

Like I said, I learned in high school that you should not give unsupervised and untrained guards the power they were given and I would expect someone in our government/military's administration to know that.

#50     Mar 12, 2006