Guess on Monday oil?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Stosh, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Stosh

Stosh

I wonder if this Gaza fighting will have much impact or if it is already priced in. I suppose more likely price will go up a little, but wouldn't surprise me if it closed down Monday in spite of the Gaza conflict, OPEC cuts, SOR purchases by gov't.,etc. Anyone care to predict?? Stosh

2. What do you think the trigger was in the recent pop in oil?

3. Stosh

Stosh

Maybe a bounce off of oversold @ 35 along with some hope of a little economic recovery/inflation. Don't know if Gaza had much to do with it.....guess we will find out Monday. What do you think?

4. You short? Sounds like it.

I'm long.

This should be fun.

They just opened up a new battle....Russia cuts Ukraine. What do you think's going to happen?

5. Bla bla bla.
    PS: I'm loaded. But still, I think It's a useless thread.

6. I have a big sell in from 45.15, but cos the freak spike of over $5s (13%) straight on friday afternoon/evening,
    ive been caught about $1 offside at the close.

My target is 44.56, and i just hope that the 23% vertical spike over the last 2days is put down to just over-reaction about russia/ukraine and the light volume,
    and so when the normal volume comes back to the market on sunday night/monday morning that the move gets sold down from $46 to under $45.. :)

The fact that israel troops went in on land could cause an over-reaction,
    but there is no oil in gaza or israel though, and iran arent showing any interest in getting involved in the fight.

So i hope that it doesnt cause unjust fear in oil market.

But from a purely technical view which is the main style of trading i use after a 23% spike over last 2days, over 13% vertical spike on friday,
    it would be extremely unlikely that it will go 13% but then not even pullback atleast 2%.

7. Stosh

Stosh

Thank you so much for sharing your opinion. Did you get loaded in the hope of forgetting last year?

8. Hearing from the floor that Goldman is loading up on puts with strikes south of $30 for summer expiration.

I think this rally will be short lived.

9. See this is what I don't get. Who cares what GS does. I mean. They're not geniuses. And if you're using this as advice....then you're not either

lol they said it was going to 200. I'll believe it's going down when I see a signal it's going down

10. BAMMO

#10     Jan 5, 2009