Guaranteed way to make big risk free money in options.

Discussion in 'Options' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Brilliant. Do it.

#11     Feb 20, 2009
  2. GE 7.50 put is still out of the money, way out and its 6:48

FYI.

#12     Feb 20, 2009
  3. drcha

drcha

Please stop doing this on such a huge scale.

October 1987 is going to happen again. Maybe not this month, or this year, but it will. As Mark has recently pointed out in his blog, the markets are becoming more and more volatile.

There is no money without risk. None. I'm sure you know this, deep down. And I would hate for any beginners reading this board to think that there is.

Mary

#13     Feb 20, 2009
  4. Got a link to the blog. Would like to take a read.

#14     Feb 20, 2009
  5. bone

bone

King of Shorts:

Go away. Or put a gazillion dollars in an account and do it for yourself. Idiot. It doesn't matter if there's two hours, two days, or two months until expiry. Stress-test it on Bloomberg or Sun-gard. No clearing firm in the universe will let you short vol unless you can cover the implied fungible. Amateur.

#15     Feb 20, 2009
  6. full moon alert

#16     Feb 20, 2009
  7. That makes absolute no sense. Why would anyone sell options for 1 penny if it has 2 months of time value?

#17     Feb 20, 2009
  8. It's not free.

Brokers don't make deals of this type.

Margin rules are are tweaked by brokers, but set by the SEC. Your broker cannot ignore them,

No broker would ever agree to a 'deal.' They would never allow you to carry that much risk without a huge account. And people with a huge account don't take the risk you are suggesting.

In fact, the whole idea is so absurd, that I'm certain you are toying with us and cannot possibly be seriously suggesting anyone take your trade advice.

Mark

#18     Feb 20, 2009
  9. This would be like "shorting" lottery tickets.

You know - you walk in to the store, say "I'll short 1,000 Super Lotto please", they give you $1,000 cash and if the number picked don't match any of the numbers you got, you're off the hook.

On the other hand, if they do all match one of your tickets....

you got it...

you owe $10,000,000 to the state.

JJacksET4

#19     Feb 20, 2009
  10. Cutten

Cutten

Were you trading on expiration day in September 2008 (the day after the financials short-selling ban)? Some of the most experienced options market makers in the world dropped hundreds of millions that day by doing exactly this strategy.

#20     Feb 20, 2009