"GSA Admin: Officials "Entitled" To Bonuses Under Obama's Pay Freeze" Seriously?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JamesL, Apr 17, 2012.

1. JamesL

JamesL

She feels they are "entitled" to it:

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) grilled General Services Administration (GSA) officials today at a hearing on the agency's spending scandal.

"Mrs. [Martha] Johnson, why were you giving out bonuses when the president said there was a pay freeze?" Chaffetz asked the former administration who just recently resigned her position.

"The senior executives were entitled to bonuses under our -- we're entitled to bonuses. I don't believe the pay freeze affected those bonuses," Johnson responded.

Rep. Chaffetz chewed out Johnson for using the word "entitled" to justify the bonuses senior GSA officials received during the so-called "pay freeze" under President Obama's watch. Johnson attempted to take it back but that did not stop Chaffetz from lambasting her.

"Oh, I think you did mean entitled. I think that is the fundamental problem that America gets and that government doesn't get. There are a lot of good federal employees that work hard. They're patriotic and they're frugal with their money. But when you see this widespread abuse of money and then you, as the former administrator, says, 'Well, they're entitled to it.' That's where there is frustration just steaming out of our ears," Chaffetz said.

"It is totally unacceptable and for the President of the United States to look the American people in the eye and say, 'Well we have a pay freeze in place,' while you're getting bonuses and going on trips is totally unacceptable," Chaffetz finished.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...tled_to_bonuses_during_obamas_pay_freeze.html

2. Wallet

Wallet

IT RUNS RAMPANT IN OUR GOVERNMENT!

They all feel they are "ABOVE" what ever, it doesn't apply to me, etc. etc......

It's time to vote out those who do such or employ and tolerate those who do.

Government is suppose to be for the people, and not in the business of fleecing the sheeple.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

So do the voters that keep re-electing these buffoons.