Gs

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by kinggyppo, Dec 18, 2007.

1. End of day chart.

#31     Dec 18, 2007
  2. What is a beta selloff?

#32     Dec 18, 2007
  3. Meaning the whole market is selling off. Hence my chicken and the egg comment, notice GOOG got slammed pretty hard today. High beta stocks usually run up and down together. GS is to me a fairly fast moving stock. GS historical beta is 1.75, I say historical as I have no idea what tomorrow will bring.

#33     Dec 18, 2007

4. Thanks!

#34     Dec 18, 2007
  5. Well, tomorrow should also be interesting. Given that MS reports tomorrow before the open, if they report a loss it will be the first time in history.(If my memory serves me correct) If that is the case, you will see a nice sell off in the brokers.

#35     Dec 18, 2007
  6. something smells....

creation of $500 billion (u.s.) worth of Euros to monetize Euro bank losses hasn't gotten much play

any other day GS would have been up 8 to 12 points....

there must be some hideous news out there someplace.....

#36     Dec 18, 2007
  7. They would not have been up 8 to 12 points. It wasn't that big of a beat, Revs down year over year... .40 beat is not that big for gs. Especially after the comment that Nov was a bad month for them.

#37     Dec 18, 2007
  8. prolly right...

but the injection of a trillion dollars of paper give or take to roll over all this garbage....

I would think gold should have been up $80

#38     Dec 18, 2007
  9. You are right about something not being right. I just feel there is news out there, that is not being released. Lets sit back for a minute and think about this.

The third year of a Presidential election, the market does well. I believe Bush will provide lwhatever iquidity is needed to keep the markets for 2007.

Lastly, I believe that investors will do what they can to show a profit for the year, after the new year take a loss, why? Because they have the rest of the year to make it up...Just for thought.

#39     Dec 18, 2007
  10. the fire hose of paper is showing up at least here...

just an opinion, of course.....

#40     Dec 18, 2007