GS will beat earnings....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by simon1080, Sep 15, 2008.

1. dsq

dsq

it rallied 8pts off the lo in the last 10 mins...talk about pushing a stock!

#11     Sep 15, 2008
  2. options action has an upside bias, but it looks like retail lottery ticket buyers, who are going and snatching 30-and-40 dollar otm calls with theta working against them, and subsiding volatility going to the end of this week. Fuckin Pikers.

#12     Sep 15, 2008
  3. Exactly, Goldman is crooks but everything they do is to the letter of the law. Even if they broke the law, they are above it. GS is just planting the mother of all bear traps. Expect a dividend increase and stock buyback in addition to blow-out earnings tomorrow. Other reasons to be bullish on Goldman include their legal-tender printing presses of all major currencies, a team of successful modern-day alchemists, and an Oracle which can see the future with 100% accuracy.

#13     Sep 15, 2008
  4. The bulk of my money is with this firm. If others are failing who is capitalizing?

#14     Sep 15, 2008
  5. Daal

Daal

that gs will beat we all know. i want to know how many assets will conveniently became level 3 with no writedowns while just about any LIQUID asset is down 10% or so in the last year

#15     Sep 15, 2008
  6. last quarter, the little pop that GS got from it's earnings was faded within a few days, and the market environment was a better than it is presently. It's really going to be interesting. Either way, I think the move is going to be a very powerful one.

#16     Sep 15, 2008
  7. Who cares, there crooks.

#17     Sep 15, 2008
  8. I am short overnight...actually I am a few bucks itm.

#18     Sep 15, 2008
  9. tradr

tradr

JPM, GS, MS are about to rule for the next decade. A nice earnings report by GS ought to drive this home.

#19     Sep 15, 2008
  10. They have been for years, I think it's actually priced in.

#20     Sep 15, 2008