GS... "We apologise", lol

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Banjo, Nov 17, 2009.

1. 4EXJOE

4EXJOE

#11     Nov 17, 2009
  2. You are all entitled to your opinions, so am I, sounds like great trading to me :D

#12     Nov 17, 2009
  3. Should be?...LOL!

And just how much money does one make trading based on what "should be"..Too fucking funny.

News flash! GS didn't fail, they ain't going to zero, and nobody gives a shit what you or I think.

#13     Nov 17, 2009
  4. It's funny that people bitch about it, but if anyone here worked for GS, they wouldn't be complaning about how unfair life is, as they cash their 500k check.

Goldman out-smarted everone else and made a killing, and those that lost, got mad that they were beaten at their own game.

These guys are like the Yankees of Wallstreet. People just love to hate them.

#14     Nov 17, 2009
  5. you're scum

they made a killing because they transerferred their blown risk to the taxpayer with lobbyists on K street, and by placing someone in the treasury (Paulson)

people like you make me sick, admiring parasites

#15     Nov 17, 2009
  6. And so does a criminal that mugs an old lady and makes off with her purse. Does he deserve praise for making a killing, too?

These people did not play "the game" that everyone else has to play - they made out under a system that was set up just for them to win by corrupt politicians. They got the government to fund their counterparties, they got special treatment and sweetheart deals when they needed them, then they turned around and shafted the taxpayer with a smile on their face by paying themselves outrageous bonuses with public money.

#16     Nov 17, 2009
  7. wmb

wmb

If the name of the game is to "out-smart" the american people then the american people should have better representation than the us congress. those f'ers at gs should have been unloaded just like lehman and bear stearns. What would have happened that would be worse than it is now... oh more unemployment! Anyone defending GS must be in with GS. If Gs didnt have paulsen, geitner or obama, the three stooges, they wouldnt have been able to smirk about crap! Oh and the yankees are a stupid ass baseball team ,they never asked for any money from the us government for anything. Those boys pay their own bills, something you cant say about Goldman Sacs, a bunch of smarmy idiots! Out-smarted if they were so frickin smart how the f did our country end up with this frickin problem.

#17     Nov 17, 2009
  8. wmb

wmb

hey, wait a minute news flash Goldman sacs is going out of business! I give a shit what you think !

#18     Nov 17, 2009
  9. It would have been zero last fall if market forces had been allowed to work.

#19     Nov 17, 2009
  10. This couldn't be more true. If you think everyone at GS is walking around "proud" of this "accomplishment", you're sorely mistaken.

This is like being on a team that wins a game because someone on the team cheated. Yeah you'll take the win, and you'll support your cheating teamate publically, but inside you loathe the cheater and the backlash that occurs because of an undeserving win.

That's what's going on at GS. Not everyone there is a sociopathic scumbag.

If GS wants to make good, they'll do an act of contrition and donate theie bonuses to worthy causes. Not enough Catholics there anymore so highly unlikely to happen.

Welcome to the New World Morality. Eff you and hurray for me!

#20     Nov 17, 2009