GS Superday

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Eyez, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Eyez

Eyez

I hope so.. fingers crossed

#41     Jul 15, 2013
  2. Really lol? The goal here isn't to work at GS. It's to be independent. If you're going to work at a company, work at one that's not going to ride your ass. What ever happened to wanting to be an engineer? ie. Doing something with some value?

No offense but working at GS sounds like shit. In fact working at any of these firms would suck. 12+ hour days? What fun is that? I understand you're used to that since you're a programmer and your life was spent in a lab while you were in school, not to mention you probably don't spend much time away from the computer, but 20 years down the road you're going to realize you wasted something very valuable.

The main goal in life is the do LESS work. Not more.

#42     Jul 15, 2013
  3. It's always good to work in a premier IB. Big companies will work you hard, but you gain experience and training not available elsewhere. Then, the resume is considered gold-plated relative to other resumes. Simply look at the number of major hedge funds with billion dollar launches or AUM. Many have pedigrees of IVY league education and years of IB experience. Very rarely you get the moneyball John Henrys that come out of no where. The at home retail trader is the very last thing you want to do and only when there is no other choice.

#43     Jul 15, 2013
  4. Eyez

Eyez

The question was "what should I expect on the 3rd round" -- I was a finance/math major and taught myself programming... you know the saying about people who make ASSumptions right? I am glad that general comment insulted you enough for you to insult me directly. Saying 'no offense' doesn't change things. But I am glad you felt insulted by a generalized statement to be invoked to respond-- and of course your tone is along the lines of: "NERD, YOU PROLLY HAD NO SOCIAL LIFE, etc,etc" -- says a lot about you :D

I thought the goal was to do something you enjoy?

#44     Jul 15, 2013
  5. I wasn't insulting you. I was calling you naive.

#45     Jul 15, 2013
  6. Eyez

Eyez

Yup and your a genius. :D

"I understand you're used to that since you're a programmer and your life was spent in a lab while you were in school, not to mention you probably don't spend much time away from the computer"

^^ this statement isn't a direct insult, gotcha

#46     Jul 15, 2013
  7. Behind you of course

#47     Jul 15, 2013
  8. preceded by..........

This is a trading website. I know those brainteaser's were a little tricky, but this one is fairly cut and dry. The reason you haven't gotten an answer is because very few here work at Goldman. They either trade for a living or are working toward trading for a living. IF they fail in life, they attempt your path.

What does "GS Superday" even mean? I'm sure i wasn't the only one mislead into thinking this thread was about something more important. Moreover, superday isn't even a frigging word.

#48     Jul 15, 2013
  9. Eyez

Eyez

Thanks for the continuing insults. Appreciate it. "IF they fail in life, they attempt your path. " LOL! -- I am very glad my general statement made you feel insulted to invoke continued insults ;)

So again, trying to get back on topic; anyone know what the 3rd round is like?

#49     Jul 15, 2013
  10. Atticus just told you that you got the job.

I also told you why you're probably not going to find many more answers here...... Not to mention you made a thread that is completely irrelevant to trading in the "career trader" forum.

At least entertain me

What does Superday mean?

#50     Jul 15, 2013