GS now in the 60's, hoping to avoid the "LEH death spiral"

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by wilburbear, Nov 10, 2008.

1. What a damn shame! :(

I was at GS before it went public and it was still "The Firm" ... I can't believe what these people have done to these companies, in such a short amount of time.

It's pretty despicable ... too bad they aren't giving out jail time for destroying in months what it took over a century to build, nourish and grow.

#51     Nov 11, 2008
  2. .......aint' over yet. Just watch.

They don't have to arrest everybody at every firm. Some will skate. But you go in a get a handful there, and handful here, the rest will get religion really quickly.

The SEC is the one I want. They were the ones who allowed all this, and now, we all suffer.

#52     Nov 11, 2008
  3. hey what do you have against strippers?!

#53     Nov 11, 2008
  4. Here's one of the problems with GS: they have gunslingers at the firm, and want to retain the "best and brightest" in the future. But now they're a stodgy bank holding company. Doesn't fit.

Something will break, in this regard, going forward.

#54     Nov 12, 2008
  5. Hey Mandelbrot-

You used to work there? Please rate my response (3 below your post).

#55     Nov 12, 2008
  6. Had dinner last night with a Harvard MBA and GS employee. This person said employees in NY are even more upset than is generally believed. The gunslinger mind set is realizing the big paychecks may not be coming back.

Will there be an employee race to the exits?

#56     Nov 19, 2008
  7. These "gunslingers" are the reason GS is a commercial bank now. They forgot about the risk side of the reward equation. Touch shit for them.

#57     Nov 19, 2008
  8. Someone IM'd me and said I was like the guy with the sandwich board saying the end is near. I can understand his frustration.

Justice takes time. As I've said, they have to prove it, and it has to be perfect. for 1500 bucks an hour, these guys will get lawyers who can make a jury think Elton John is straight. It's coming. And it's a long list.

I absolutely guarantee you, the white collar boys nuts are in their stomachs. They know. Because I'm getting the calls. the Feds are everywhere .

What I'm trying to figure out, is it bullish? With the market down like this, would high profile busts, let me rephrase that so nutmeg doesn't go off on a tangent, would high profile arrests instill some confidence w/the public? Don't know. But we will find out.

#58     Nov 19, 2008
  9. GS @ $130.

#59     Apr 13, 2009
  10. NYC212

NYC212

gs $115

#60     Apr 14, 2009