GS, Buy or Stay Away?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Softgiant, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Different opinions are what make a market! :) Like I said, shorting GS is a gamble. I don't know if I'll actually have the balls to do it, because GS is not the type of stock I would like to fuck with. You could very well be right, and it could go back to $250. GS is just that type of company, there's no denying they're the best at what they do.

But take yesterday as an example. Heavy selling in an up market... seems like the big boys are getting out and exchanging hand with the retail buyers.

I'm torn... I do believe that they will go down, but I'm afraid of getting my ass pounded. I guess we'll see.

#51     Apr 21, 2010
  2. sounds like the vote within the sec to push the case could have been political to set up Obamamania on the Fin's. either way, im out of this one for a while. thanks to everyones opinions

#52     Apr 21, 2010
  3. GG1972

GG1972

Lets start counting the idiots :D :D

#53     Apr 30, 2010
  4. thankful i stayed away...why the nose dive today? I havent had a chance to look at any news yet.

#54     Apr 30, 2010
  5. GG1972

GG1972

Thanks wiseman :D :D

RTD meet Goldboy-Goldboy meet RTD

#55     Apr 30, 2010
  6. GG1972

GG1972

Criminal charges now--earlier it was only a civil case that didnt really amount to much if they were fined 10-20 million$ but now someone's going to jail if they can prove it.

#56     Apr 30, 2010
  7. US Attorney's office is reportedly pursuing criminal charges against GS. Politically, everyone is getting ready to shit on them. After decades of being on the right side of the trade and fucking over a lot of people, their enemies are probably chomping at the bits to get a piece of revenge.

Kind of like the last episode of Seinfeld.

#57     Apr 30, 2010
  8. With all the negative news on Goldman, I would not want to buy it right now. I don't see much upside until we get certainty. Today's Goldman news makes me think it will not happen for a while

http://nune.ws/93r

#58     Apr 30, 2010
  9. livevol_ophir

livevol_ophir ET Sponsor

I don't wanna double post - so I'll just link ---> I have written about the option market implications here on elite: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=197627

#59     Apr 30, 2010
  10. If the old saying of "buy fear and sell greed" is true, then everyone should be buying when the others are scared from emotion.

#60     Apr 30, 2010