GS broke out

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by cybercash28, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Those who shorted GS this morning (because it had run up so much) were in for a surprise! I regret that I was too conservative and not long it at the opening gap down near 122.80. Bumped up to 129.60 now. No stopping.

This goes to show: shorting a parabolic up-move is a dangerous game. Where it stops... nobody knows... Abracadabra

Just because some stocks have gone too high, even on parabolic move... is not a good reason to short. You might get squeezed.

#21     Apr 13, 2009
  2. We have had 5 up weeks and they change the rating now.

These cunts are starting to piss me off with their blatant manipulation.

#22     Apr 13, 2009
  3. GS Chart Update...

Regards,
    Suri

[​IMG]

#23     Apr 13, 2009
  4. Coincidentely, the buy rating "develops" one day before earnings release...I would need some VWAP to unload my institutional positions, or ?

#24     Apr 13, 2009
  5. I agree. What was your entry? time frame?

#25     Apr 13, 2009
  6. Out of these @ Mid/End Feb. Gain on MS short wiped out by GS loss.

#26     Apr 13, 2009
  7. Anyone who invests in Goldman long term must realize that the profits made in the last 5 years were in part due to leverage. The same amounts of leverage cannot be used today (or anytime in the near future) as they were used in 2004-2007. Future earnings probably will not reach pre-2007 highs for at least a decade or more.

This little rally in GS shares will at some point turn downward...

#27     Apr 13, 2009
  8. Fine and dandy, but do you have enough balls to short GS at this level? I don't

#28     Apr 13, 2009
  9. I just shorted at 130.

#29     Apr 13, 2009
  10. S2007S

S2007S

As port says GS earnings and great profits over the last few years were only because of Leverage as I said earlier these banks and brokers are worthless without Leverage. GS will be right back at new lows, the end of the credit crisis is far from over. There is absolutely no catalyst strong enough to get the economy and stocks back in bull mode again. This last 25% rally was based on nothing but hope that the economy turns around sometime in the 3rd quarter of 2009.

#30     Apr 13, 2009