GS, $12B in bailout then $14B in bonuses

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Rocko1, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Hey I am also all for defending virtue of capitalism. If you earn the money, you are entitled to it.

But these guys pay more in bonuses than they EARN... Thus the beef. And the employees aren't entitled to shareholder equity. They are raping it!! And then government money on top of that... These guys break every rule in the book.

#71     Nov 3, 2008
  2. cknucks

cknucks

This is the only informed response I've read in this whole post.

#72     Nov 3, 2008
  3. BigGun

BigGun

Bonus’s are not only used as incentives to entice performances out of your workforce.. There also a way for a co to avoid a good deal of taxes and make the books look better.

#73     Nov 3, 2008
  4. poyayan

poyayan

First, here is the bloomberg version.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aVann0.cv9Tw

Second, how do you know GS never asked for a bailout? GS has a direct line to Paulson - the ex-CEO of GS. What makes you think GS need to inform you and me when they ask for anything from Paulson?

GS's quarter has profit or loss is not a question here. The question is why it takes taxpayer money. Why GS need to be in the bailout and why investment banks are included in the TARP that FED created?

The hatred is not directed to GS only. Is it directly to any i-banks and banks that took taxpayers money.

No one will say a pip if we didn't see Ben & Paul bending over backward catering to i-bank and banks with taxpayers money for a whole damn year. Then, at the end, Fed STILL need to create a facility to address the CP market.

Wasn't the whole point of the 700B bailout bill is to unclog the CP market? What's the deal with that?

#74     Nov 3, 2008