grrr, this make me mad

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Daal, Dec 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daal

Daal

"This doesn't work.PERIOD"

"Trading IS NOT for everyone"

"automatic systems DON"T WORK, don't believe in those 'gurus', they will NOT WORK!"

"i finally discovered the secret of trading,stop searching for the holy grail! THERE ARE NONE! if you realize this you CAN be profitable"

geez, reading this cr*p all the time piss me off!

2. ElCubano

ElCubano

The Truth Hurts.....

3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

What do you want to hear instead?

--Db

4. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Would you rather people lied to you?
    Anything that helps you learn has merit.
    All I can say is....

I WISH I HAD FOUND ELITE TRADER BEFORE I HAD SPENT
    THOUSANDS ON WORTHLESS CRAP!

5. Maybe a bit of actual scientific evidence to back the statements, instead of all this jabber being thrown around?

Especially in regards to systematic trading. What were the parameters? What time frame? How did you execute? For what duration?

The best one of all is "technical analysis doesn't work." Again, which indicator? What time frame? You are implying the EVERY technical indicator doesn't work, and you tested this? How did you go about testing this? We could spend an entire year discussing the premise of Bollinger Bands and whether its valid, and you're going to sit here and tell me ALL OF technical analysis doesn't work????

All of these empirical vagaries can be ignored, for they don't have a foot to stand on.

Jim

6. Yes, but not everything works for everyone so you still need to keep trying because you never know if something that others dislike will not work for you. Is not Don Miller's stuff a good example of that? It works for you, even if others find it imperfect, at best. Yet, it's good to know if you deal with an honest vendor or if some stuff someone is trying to sell you is really worth its price, and in this respect ET is good, but so is misc.invest.futures. In fact, the latter is still better. ET is faster though.

7. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Some of the members, well to put it kindly, never have traded a day in their lives. Some of them are kids who think it is cool to post. You can't see these people, how do you know who they are?

You need to look at the body of work the member has published to get a feel for whether or not his opinion is worthwhile. If you see a lot of garbage, push the ignore button.

The moderators are really good at weeding out the clunkers, but they are out there.

8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

In that case, you're absolutely right, Jim. Though there's nothing wrong with empiricism per se, the best one can do with one's conclusions is apply them to himself. Applying them to others requires a bit more rigor.

Unfortunately, specifics are a bit hard to come by around here, though there are a number of people willing to discuss details. Thus, when somebody says that something doesn't work, one's responses are limited, e.g., yes it does, you're absolutely right, etc. The option of applying the strategy to one's own charts in order to determine whether the somebody is correct or not isn't there since no details are provided.

I won't say there's gold here, but there's at least silver. Just keep looking for it.

--Db

9. Yes, THAT is what they are implying and YES, there IS a way to test it. Maybe I'll write a book about it when I'm old...

10. and yet another loser posts his frustrations:D

#10     Dec 6, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.