Growing funds at 20% monthly in FX using ATS

Discussion in 'Journals' started by bhristov1, May 18, 2008.

1. Last night's trades:

One more stop out ona short: -30 pips
    Long was closed out for +51 pips

Net closed pips: +21

Currently short, +17 pips, hoping this trade makes my week.

Overall I am really happy with the past few weeks of profit. If I dont screw up and miss any trades I think my program will definitely meet and exceed expectations.

#71     Jun 26, 2008
  2. Sorry I havent updated for the past few days. From Thursday night through Fri I had 2 stop outs for -30 pips each:

Net pips: -60
    Acct: 3030

Week 6 Change: -7.3 %

Tough week, at best if I caught last Sunday's trade I would have been even but overall this was a typicall drawdown period.

#72     Jun 30, 2008
  3. My system is still in full fledged drawdown mode but its within is parameters for acceptable losses so I am staying the course. I am aiding it a little bit to try to minimize the damage to from bad stop outs:

Last nights' trades:

Stopped on out on short @ 1.5786 @ 12:05 AM: -30 PIPS

Entered manual short (prog gave short signal tho too) at 1.58 for 50K

Bought 25K at 1.5743 and 25K at 1.5763

Shorted again 1.5734

Net closed pips: +64

#73     Jun 30, 2008
  4. Blotter

#74     Jun 30, 2008
  5. Last night was a complete disaster as we were uploading revised versions of the program and glitches led to losses of more than $400. What was quite phenomenal was that the range was less than 100 pips. The program kept randomly reversing positions in the consolidation due to a piece of code left over from a year ago which needed to be removed. In the end I fell asleep and my computer crashed leaving me with some retarded short for -80 pips. However, when I looked at the trades they are not much better than the natural drawdown of the program would have incurred as there were also a couple of stop outs at 30 pips. If I had an a big enough account (100K or so) I would just pay someone to take all my trades for me, software is really such a pain but I cant really see a way around it since I cant literally be awake to take every signal. I have a problem it seems most traders would kill to have, but its been killing me how I can execute my trades correctly whenthe signals are given (and only when they are given). Seems like perhaps after months of trading the one thing I cant overcome is accurately placing the orders. What a stupid problem.

#75     Jul 1, 2008

6. Buy some energy drinks and get going.

#76     Jul 1, 2008
  7. Alright so despite all of the crazy moves inthe EURUSD this afternoon, beleive if or not there were no signals generated to buy or sell and furthermore my prog did not malfunction and generate phantom orders, so I am allowing myself to feel a little succesful that perhaps yesterday's problems have been saolved.

Total pips since last post: about -125. Hopefully I can get a decent trade or two for 100 pips, these slow trading periods around major holidays are a real pain.

I sized down to 20K.

#77     Jul 1, 2008
  8. Ahh the fun of an ATS... I wrote mine from scratch in Java and had my fair share of bugs to work out. Life can be rough while working out all the kinks in a new ATS, but once it is done, life gets much better.

Good Luck.

#78     Jul 1, 2008
  9. Thanks I am really glad that people have been for the large part supportive and I havent been laughed at, ranted or worse. I dont want to jinx myself but the version I am trading with right now seems to finally be working to my specifications. I am executing within 18 sec of my trade time and I am getting filled within 3 pips. So hopefully this version may finally be the "final." This would have made it 9 months and $3000 worth of testing in addition to the 6 months of programming and demo BEFORE going live. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS EASY MONEY :)

By the way I just wanted to let everyone know that the bug that I was fixing was the one I mentioned a few weeks ago. I thas taken all this time to finally remove it, but as of today it is gone.

#79     Jul 2, 2008
  10. Well finally I caught I nice move today I think I am up about 180 pips after the announcement... I will post when I get home withupdates on what has been going on with my trading.

#80     Jul 3, 2008