Growing funds at 20% monthly in FX using ATS

Discussion in 'Journals' started by bhristov1, May 18, 2008.

1. Here is the account statement. Still above 3K which is more than I thought I had.

-10.2 return for the week.

#41     Jun 6, 2008
  2. I apologize i posted the wrong statement last Fri but i couldnt update until today. Here is Friday's blotter, and I will also post today's.

Ok so the markets opened with a delicious gap on both EUR and JPY enabling me to make some free pips to keep up my pnl for the right time to short more EUR. (If i didnt already have my -30K EUR pos I would prob start looking for places to short here above 1.5750 for the long haul)

I covered my YEN at 104.60 ( I know i said you should add to your winning pos however, the gap down warranted taking profits and reshorting as gap filled at better prices) I should have also shorted more EUR at the same time but was a bit of a pussy otherwise I would have doubled my profits.

Overall I think i am holding up quite well considering what the EUR had been doing to me. More to come.

#42     Jun 8, 2008
  3. Here is Sunday's blotter.

Up 100 bucks over Fri, not bad but need another 100 to break even.

#43     Jun 8, 2008
  4. Price targets for EURUSD are higher than I expected between 1.62 to 1.67 this gonna def turn the heat up on me. Stay tuned.

#44     Jun 9, 2008
  5. Looks like I am doomed to stay at 3200. Thinking of shorting more JPY but I am not too optimistic. Maybe I will just continue marinating in my positions until something jumps out at me.

#45     Jun 9, 2008
  6. So I shorted 25K at 106.29 of USDJPY for a total of 50K. pretty big mistake since the USDJPY is flying in my face as the dollar gains across the board. Ofcourse my EURUSD is postive lol, however it wont stay like that for long. I no longer care about the individual pairs however since I am perfectly hedged for a synthetic euppy short of -60K (anyone know if there are meaningful arb opportunities between FX pairs?).

Furthermore, I am becoming incredibly bored with markets after all the action last week. I kindof want to close out these stupid positions and get back on track to program trading I am missing many small opportunities to play these long term trends which may or may not unfold in the first place and who knows if I have the talent to stick it through. This is what happens when you break rules and plans, you are left doubting everything which pretty much ensures failure even if you are correct in your fundamental views.

Will post blotter afterwork.
    Pnl is varying between about 3200-3400.

#46     Jun 10, 2008
  7. OK I have taken action to get back on track with my program trading. Taken down the Eur pos. Turned on Prog. I will gradually manually trade out of my yen and put on a long term euppy short on a smaller scale to keep side by side while my prog makes me some PnL EURUSD. Make no mistake tho I still think EUR is overbought.

So far I have closed out:
    +190 pips on EUR
    +130 pips on JPY (on 25k)
    Currently -150 pips (on 50k) on USDJPY

#47     Jun 10, 2008
  8. Here is today's blotter. Bought my EUR 30K at 1.5471. Looking to long. Still have -50K on JPY and its really handing it to me. Looking for dip to get out this disaster.

Pips closed on EUR: +29

Pips still open: -167 on 50K on EURJPY

PnL, if you guessed 3200 you would be right.

In 20/20 hindsight hedging with JPY was a terrible move, So far, even after closing out +130 pips on 25k earlier I am still down more than $500 and I have yet to get out. I have always misgauged the yen, and have prob the worst trading record on that pair, probably -3000 on it alone. Currently seems like a sure fire way to make easy money on the long side.

#48     Jun 10, 2008
  9. To benluong:

You disabled PM and so I cannot give you my answer to your question.

Send me a message when you enable it.

#49     Jun 11, 2008
  10. Last update should have been -167 pips on USDjpy nor EURjpy.

Anyway briefly I hit -1000 on UPNL last night, but it didnt really bother me as I knew the USDJPY would turn soon enough (yes yes yes I know what kindof terribly undisciplined trader I am).

Right now I am going to cover half size and let the rest ride back down. I am only down about 100 pips on the 50K.

I traded some EUR longs yesterday but I was a bit skiddish on having nearly a full lot on one side of the market with respect to the USD so I only scalped some quick pips and left it alone for the most part. With the move down in JPY I believe I am up a good chunk of PnL, may even be at account highs since I started posting. Blotter is coming. I really hope I am on track for my monthly goals.

#50     Jun 11, 2008