Grow: Why The Attraction?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Mar 22, 2007.

1. This will go down as one of the biggest missed ones of the year for me as well. I could see this one coming a mile a way & even posted so earlier in this thread, but of course never picked up a single share of it being distracted with other scalps and intraday trades. I am going back to swing momo.

Hitting another new high today of nearly $35 before finally pulling back & giving away some points for the 1st time in nearly two weeks; GROW nearly pulled a complete double 100% move since the middle of March pre-split run in the middle $30's. Unreal.

Those 2000 shares you paid for $40 & got stopped out of would be 4000 shares at $30 today. Plus another $1K for the special cash dividend. It would take the average person 4-7 years for this kind of ROI. Absolutely astonishing run.

#21     Apr 4, 2007
  2. how many ma and pa investors bought it at 35 today and got absolutely shit hauled right off the bat?

#22     Apr 4, 2007
  3. Allot.

It was one of the worst reversals I have seen lately, considering how bullish the trend has been. Especially because it happened so late in the day. It is one thing to completely miss a run, but then to finally get in and wacked for a near 20% one day loss has to hurt worse.

Looks like someone wanted to book some profits and sell, as volume on the day spiked 3X average.

#23     Apr 4, 2007
  4. made some amazing cash bottom fishing on it too, should be interesting to see in the days to come, your right 20% reversal is a pretty bold move.

i been thinking the same way as you every time i look at this chart i always think of the money i could have made buying it here or there and then i got to smack myself for playing that stupid game

#24     Apr 4, 2007
  5. arghh... Thanks for reminding me. This run was like a fucking dot com stock - what gives it's just a mutual fund company.

Damn, that would have been one hell of a payday. Anyone made out big on GROW ?

To add more salt to the would - I got burned again today - double fucked. Since, I sold out today for another loss I'll predict another 20 point run for GROW.

I'll retire from gambling on GROW since I can't do this shit right.

#25     Apr 4, 2007
  6. It's already up $1.50 (5%) premarket.

#26     Apr 5, 2007
  7. Don
    't say I didn't warn you. These things are like those ole Western flicks where the wagon is filled with nitro glycern. One bump, and kabooooooom

It's featured in IBD today. Assets have doubled, blah blah. You know, annoying fundamental stuff.

#27     Apr 5, 2007
  8. buy the dips instead, that way you wont have a heart attack when its up, then gives up all its gains then some.

#28     Apr 5, 2007
  9. took another easy 1500 out of grow today, when there is volume and volatility on this stock it is soooo easy to just let it roll through little piss ant 300 share orders for 20 cents all day.

GROW WILL TEAR YOUR ASSHOLE APART BETTER THAN THE JAWS OF LIFE ON A CAR, if you are wrong doing this you have been warned

#29     Apr 5, 2007
  10. GROW is United States Global Investors

With a team like that how can you fail?

#30     Apr 5, 2007