Groupon rejects Google's $6b offer

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by turkeyneck, Dec 4, 2010.

1. GG1972

GG1972

groupon needs to make an offer for Google now-with coupons of course LOL:D

2. fusionz

fusionz

man I wish some of these web 2.0 companies would go public, they all seem to be bought or private.

3. yes, i think they are.

4. Next year they'll be really kicking themselves for not taking the Google offer when the market and economy start to tank big time. Good luck with the IPO!

5. kxvid

kxvid

For the CEO I really don't think its about the money, sellout or not he never has to work another day. That said, if I was a VC investor in this thing I would be pissed.

6. ....a la YHOO & MSFT. :( :eek: :D

7. i signed up for groupon, it showed me a $10 off deal with some no name restaurant on 1 page. That was it.

This is a $6 billion company? am i missing something. Looks like something created in a few hours in the basement.

8. S2007S

S2007S

Why google would even want to buy this company is beyond me, do you know how many copycat sites like groupon are out there. It seems the business model is a guaranteed success, from what I have read groupon says they make $2 Billion a year and the company isn't even more than 2 years old. Try and figure that one out. If this is the case then copycats can pop up in a matter of weeks and steal market share from one another.

9. S2007S

S2007S

exactly right.

These companies actually believe they can grow and prosper forever. Maybe we should rewind back to the dot com bubble about 6-12 months BEFORE the collapse to show how much greed was in the system and how much these dot coms were valued at. Some will say its different this time, its clearly not. Just like facebook these web 2.0 companies think they will be on top forever. Facebook in years to come will be forgotten about just like the rest of those other social networking companies that come and go. Same game but just 10 years later.

#10     Dec 5, 2010