Group One in Chicago

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by cml2949, Nov 14, 2005.

1. cml2949

cml2949

Hello, I'm looking for info. about Group One in Chicago.. What they trade at the CBOE, what their training program is like, or any opinion or info. about them. I thought this might be worth a try since there are many people who come in and out of this site! Thanks for any insights..

2. esmjb

esmjb

i believe they have guys in most of the pits at the cboe. i know 1 guy who worked for them and was trained by them and he is a good trader. unfortunately they screwed him on the dreaded discretionary bonus one year so he no longer works there.

3. Look into Peak6... they hire prop-options traders, but internal hires only. IOW, you'd need to get into the firm in another capacity.

4. cml2949

cml2949

Seems like Group One may have some miscommunications.. Any thoughts on what a new trainee can expect from them?

5. cml2949

cml2949

I recently had a phone interview with GroupOne.. I was told that 250-300 applicants were competing for 4-5 Trader Trainee spots for the Jan06 program.. I don't think I answered any questions that may have made me stand out from the 75 other candidates who had phone interviews as well.. I learned more about GroupOne; how many of the trainees learn for 2 months, work with the Traders and than travel to Ny and Philly for more training from Chicago.. I get feedback in a few weeks...

But has anyone heard much or has experience GroupOne's Trader Training program.. It sounds like a very extensive training program... Very Ideal though .. .

Thanks