Group Health Insurance

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ChrisRT, Apr 19, 2002.

1. ChrisRT

ChrisRT

Got an email asking this question:

Anyone have any information?

Do you know of any brokers or trading firms that offer group health insurance? I have not been able to find any.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

2. mbg

mbg

3. TigerO

TigerO

Carlin Equities Corp. clears all trades through Spear, Leeds & Kellogg (SLK).

Now, if Carlin were represented by some one who isn't representing them then word would be out pretty quickly that they belong to the Goldman Sachs family of firms because they clear through SLK, but as they are not being represented here by someone who would say that they remain the plain unadornished old Carlin Equities Corp.

[​IMG]

4. ChrisRT

ChrisRT

Thanks mbg

5. We do after a trader is with us for four to six months.

Gene Weissman
    Lieber & Weissman Sec., L.L.C.
    gweissman@stocktrade.net

6. ChrisRT

ChrisRT

Thanks Gene, I'll pass it along.

7. Bright Traders have health insurance.

8. ChrisRT

ChrisRT

Thanks Don, appreciate the info guys.

Chris

9. trdrmac

trdrmac

Hey Don, welcome back. Hope you're doing well!!:)

For self employed traders it is well worth looking at the Medical Savings Account Rules. The rub like everything is are you self employed and a trader, but that aside. It looks like 60% of your premiums are deductible, not subject to 7.5% of AGI and if you elect a deductible of 1200-2500 you can deposit that money into a Medical Savings Account and make tax free withdrawals for meds and co-pays and things like that.

I looked at this for a buddy in a separate business and it really looks attractive as a tax savings vehicle.

10. Our plan is 100% deductible for the traders, and is reflected on their K-1's. Thanks....(except that I am not really "back" - go in for open heart surgery the 1st week of May....I'll keep everyone up on what's happening---hate to talk about medical stuff...makes me feel older than I am)...:)

#10     Apr 19, 2002