Group Health Insurance: IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by newestmember, Feb 1, 2004.

1. mrmoose

mrmoose

firms such as assent that have professional costumers as well as prop usually have health insurance that is open to both.

#11     Feb 1, 2004
  2. Tea

Tea

Its not a bad idea. Good way to encourage traders to stay with a brokerage.

#12     Feb 1, 2004
  3. BSAM

BSAM

I think ET should offer insurance. Look we have over 21,000 members. And those who have registered more than once would have to pay a monthly premium for each regristration.:D :D :D

#13     Feb 1, 2004

4. How likely is it that your local bank will offer Group Health Insurance?

TM Trader

#14     Feb 1, 2004
  5. I did hear a rumor they were going to offer wholesale prices on Depends(c) in quantity, for those times of great stress, or where you can't get out of the chair because of risk management concerns.

[​IMG]

#15     Feb 1, 2004
  6. i'mlong

i'mlong

Its not made up. I am currently insured under another retail broker now. I've always traded my own account (not prop). So, you are wrong my friend. I know personally that Etrade did have it since my LLC was offered it. Looks like you're bitter because they didn't offer it to you. Although, its been awhile since I left so they might not offered it anymore.

#16     Feb 1, 2004
  7. has confused me even more

--- I am currently insured under another retail broker now. I've always traded my own account (not prop). So, you are wrong my friend. I know personally that Etrade did have it since my LLC was offered it ---

So E Trade if they did offer health insurance offered it to an LLC
    not to an individual retail trader

You are not getting insured with E Trade but claim that you are indeed insured from retail broker (?)
    can you enlighten us what Retail Broker you are refering to
    that is insuring you and if it is as an indiv. retail spec cust
    not LLC there ?

#17     Feb 1, 2004
  8. nitro

nitro

Interesting...

nitro

#18     Feb 1, 2004
  9. Ebo

Ebo

He apparently does not know the difference between trading in a retail account and or being a member of an LLC. Just a subtle difference.
    I am not bitter you asswipe. I have a wonderful insurance plan with very reasonable premiums and no deductible. I have a RETAIL account.

#19     Feb 1, 2004
  10. hayman

hayman

I spoke via Email with IB, and they are not interested in getting involved in Health Insurance - something they know nothing about. I'd be interested to hear if there are other brokers out there who offer Health Insurance, and if so, for how much ?

TIA

#20     Feb 1, 2004