Grob109/Spydertrader

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by bali_survivor, Aug 28, 2006.

1. grob isn't a bug grub is.

I am really a sumgrob but.......

#11     Aug 29, 2006
  2. Tums

Tums

#12     Aug 29, 2006
  3. Hi Maria,

I have enjoyed some of your posts. So, thanks for contributing to ET.

ET has pretty much seemed the same to me in my last few years of membership.

90% of what is written is probably not worth the effort to read. However, in the other 10% there is still invaluable trading information.

If you disagree I suggest you check out the S/R and ES journals.

Besides, the real value of ET is from a research point of view. Finding those posters who contribute quality information and then using the search function to read more of their posts.

There will always be the negative element to ET, but believe me it is very worthwhile for those that look hard enough.

Have a nice day. I believe it is splendid weather you're having in Auckland recently.

Cheers.

#13     Aug 29, 2006
  4. Grob106

Grob106

Oh and I forgot to mention that in 69' while visiting Jimmy Hoffa's summer place in the Catskills I bagged MM. Yep the blonde.

#14     Aug 30, 2006
  5. Seems a particular broker was nominated/ named before.

#15     Aug 31, 2006
  6. Well Maria (& Nitro)

I don't understand. I must have missed something here...

I have been here a while now and I have seen Jack come and go with his strange and mostly incomprehensible language never really finding time to decode his ramblings.

I note that Spydertrader has been (it seems) the only person to successfully translate Jacks comments into english and to make whatever system he has accessible to the rest of us...I notice he did so freely, without working the crowd in any way...

I say this because I have to acknowledge Maria's comments about the way that ET has "degenerated". I think it is obvious that ET membership (especially the newbies) are often the target of scam artists..for whatever comfort it brings, these scammers always reveal themselves in the light of day, as they present their "check", sort of like waiters in a very bad restaurant.

I have not seen either Jack nor Spyder do that...

In contrast, look at the wonderful humanitarian contributions of Samson, Marketsurfer, Tailhook, Chicken Little, Hypostumus et al and lets not forget all the wonderful and inventive aliases. In my opinion, these folks are looking to do one of two things, either self-aggrandize, or market some overpriced crap to the rest of us.

I would suggest that you are criticizing the wrong group here.

#16     Aug 31, 2006
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

second that.

#17     Aug 31, 2006
  8. This is the strangest thread on this subject yet!!!

Add me to the list of people who vouch for JH based on direct (and indirect) personal experiences.

I used to get bugged by all of the negative stuff that seems to surface surrounding Jack's posts. Nowadays I can actually see the positives in that behavior.

An unfathomable amount of wealth moves through the world's markets on a daily basis. Imagine what the world would be like if an army of individuals like you and me could extract some of that wealth and inject it into our local economies.

An unfathomable amount of energy passes through a river as rainfall heads from the highest mountains and flows to the ocean... it's a combo of solar and gravitational energy.

Guess what? It can't be harnassed unless you build a dam! OK you can build a sluice to your mill and make enough bread for your family but that is a speck in comparison to the potential.

Also - I assume everyone here is at least aware that some creatures in nature have a large volume of offspring at a time because the odds of survival are so low for each individual. This is an adaptation to the reality - or context of life for the creature.

Let's pretend that a creature has 5 offspring at a time and 4 die. Well one survives and that's enough to keep things going... no matter how cruel and uninviting the circumstances may seem.

That being said I don't think this post is going to change anyone's mind - or possibly even be read beyond the first few sentences. Hopefully those people who "get it" will get some confirmation or sense of comraderie... we do have herd instincts and being in a minority group often rubs our instincts the wrong way.

So be it.

#18     Sep 2, 2006
  9. nitro

nitro

You say you don't know what to critisize, and yet you say you need someone else to unravel the babble that continously spews from this idiot Jack Hershy or whatever his name is. Okaaay...

As for spydertrader, I think the guy is a liar and a poser from experiences I had with the guy in the chatroom. I have no idea about the rest of his ramblings about anything else, as I don't go into the Journals section of this site ever (may be a couple of times in a moment of weakness.)

There are a lot of other idiots on this site that have or are using ET either as their urinal, or for some con. I have no comments on the rest of the aliases you mentioned because other than marketsurfer, I have no experience with them.

This is my last post on this subject as I have no interest in wasting more mind share on these posers.

nitro

#19     Sep 2, 2006
  10. Well Okay;

Your reply sounds as though you started angry and didn't really take time to think much....You had something stored up that you wanted to say....I agree by the way, that todays ET is just crap...Aliases have pretty much killed it..and the con artists, well they are always going to be here I think.

The issue of honesty is simple human nature...No matter where you go in the world, if you tell people that they are anonymous they will exaggerate, they will delete or distort the painful truth, obviously they will create fantasies that are easier to deal with psychologically than their real lives...thats just the way WE are as a species. Some handle this better than others but basically we are I think all guilty at one point or another..Psychologists call it regressive behavior..I think of it as just plain "lying".

I have seen Spydertrader do his thing a couple of times live..I notice that he is watching the right stuff and getting on the order about at the right time...I have not seen any funny games going on with his program, and I have seen him take losses about the same way...Just my experience..

I have NOT seen Jack trade...I can't even understand what the hell the guy is saying half the time..So really I don't know what to say..

What I have seen and read is the "translation" of Jack's system as provided by Spyder...I don't know how he got from Jack's word salad to his own interpretation, but somehow the guy got this far and the system makes pretty good sense. The final thing I will say is that I have tried it a couple of times myself, and it seems to work about like he claims. You follow the rule set, you seem to have a positive expectation...You don't, your screwed...Nothing new there.

Given the way this is setup, the internet, these trading sites, the aliases, all that crap, it is clear that we all need to maintain a healthy skepticism. We all need to "trust but verify" ,we all need to learn to do our own research and finally, we all need to learn to "have a life"..I appreciate your reply...good luck in the markets this next week..Now I am going to go take my own advice

Steve

#20     Sep 2, 2006