Grob, his methods and his followers

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by bundlemaker, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atlantic

Atlantic

there is of course the possibility that this is true.

but then again - there might be another version:

the reason that he does (writes) what he does the way he does it here on et for example is, that he is old and bored and mentally ill somehow and therefore simply cannot do it any other way.

i believe that he has a few millions in his bank - anyone his age should have - but where they come from is a different story. most likely from a heritage or whatever.

because if it were true that he has been trading for about 50 years - stocks and futures with the alleged success/results he keeps telling in at least every second post he makes - he should have BILLIONS in the bank - even more - should easily be one of the richest people in the us. and/or - if he actually were such a philanthropist he should be widely known for it, should be running HUGE projects (almost bill gates style, i'd say) etc.

and if it were true that he gives a "...." (whatever) about what other ones think of him - then why does he freak out in an absolutely ridiculous way everytime someone comes up and tackles him a little bit? reading those hilarious (or whatever you like to call them ...) posts he then makes with all those spelling/grammar errors in them proves that his emotional balance is extremely unstable (you can literally see him yelling at the screen ...) - to say the least - and what he primarily tries here is to maintain an image (an image that mainly exists in HIS personal "reality" anyway) - but nothing else. but then again - he is a great entertainer for most of us here.

#51     Sep 25, 2006
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

hmm...phew! that was some lengthy reading, it hurt my brain when I think in the same vein of though, now I just simply accept that he enjoy playing the role of the inscrutable old man. :D

#52     Sep 25, 2006
  3. Tums

Tums

Many pros can take 7x the daily range from ES on a busy day.

A friend who went to the Prof's class saw him take 5x from ES.

#53     Sep 25, 2006
  4. Let us know how this works out! Who doesn't like to watch a good fight? (UFC fan) Hopefully, it won't turn out to be another James Stock/Rubberbird/Thony - Riskarb noshow... :D

j/k, let's all calm down. Can't we all get along? :(

Good trading to all.

#54     Sep 25, 2006
  5. Yes that is what I said

That is what happened to my family members

No "excuse" is necessary.. Many lost family members and they were never accounted for...

Be there tomorrow

PM me for the map

#55     Sep 25, 2006
  6. bsmeter

bsmeter

Here we go again. It's obvious you're not one of the "pros" you allude to. 7 X , 10 X or 100 X average daily range can be done with multiple contracts. The question is, can you do it trading 1 contract and ( lagging ) indicators? heck no!!

#56     Sep 25, 2006
  7. Tums

Tums

only newbie amatures like you would even hallucinate "7x" as the sum of multiple contracts.

#57     Sep 25, 2006
  8. 1000

#58     Sep 25, 2006
  9. On the one hand there is a trader claiming to make 2-3X the daily range in the ES offering no proof and being quite "controversial". And OTOH there is a trader posting a screenshot of his daily executions showing his actually making 2-3x the daily range. Well lets guess which trader would have the greater views on ET.

This "explanation" offered by spydertrader is yet another excuse for not posting real executions and is a total canard.

See this post which shows Hershey/Grob in live trading calls on Paltalk. Not exactly the stuff of 2-3x the daily range.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/attachment.php?s=&postid=1204058

#59     Sep 25, 2006
  10. It looks like his entries were impeccable. The reverse was late but still profitable. I wouldnt exactly call this a refutation. Are there any more?

#60     Sep 26, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.