GRMN makes me sick

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by topdown, Sep 25, 2007.

1. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

My 2 cents. If you listen to the PRESIDENT last week talking about OVERHAULING the AIR Traffic SYSTEM. said they want GPS's to now be mandatory th

#21     Nov 19, 2007
  2. what's it going to take to get this puppy over $100 again?:confused:

#22     Nov 23, 2007
  3. Tums

Tums

one of Garmin's customer Columbia is going bankrupt. Garmin is owed $24M.

one of Garmin's major map supplier Navteq, has just been bought out by Nokia. Nokia will be cutting into Garmin's turf.

Garmin tried, but unsuccessful in buying another map supplier. TomTom is going to win that bid. Garmin will have to buy its maps from competitors.

Garmin is not in an envious position.

#23     Nov 23, 2007
  4. Have you not been following the news at all?

They bid the price up for Tele Atlas to make it more pricey for Tom Tom which gave them leverage to negotiate a long term deal with Navteq. Their supply is perfectly safe for the next few years.

#24     Nov 24, 2007
  5. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

Pleny of room for many players.. Congress will be over hauling the air traffic system in 2008 Very GPS specfic.
    Thats GRMN's market.. BUY

#25     Nov 24, 2007
  6. OK. So every plane buys a GPS. Big deal.

Have you seen the proliferation of GPS's on sale this year for christmas season? Seems to be the other hot ticket electronic item besides ipods and flat screens. Price drops on some of the flagship garmin models from $699 to $300 does not portend good forward profitability. Strongly agree with the commoditization comment earlier. Trade away, but this is not a long term-er.

#26     Nov 25, 2007
  7. gobar

gobar

i also agree with u. till jan this stock will be hot but short this stock before earnings.. every other tech company is now making GPS.... and they are selling @ lower prices then garmin with some good features....

#27     Nov 25, 2007
  8. More good news today....was up almost 10% at one point. Finished up 5% on a red day!!

#28     Nov 26, 2007
  9. I will SELL this stock in the coming days/weeks and take profits. Then I will look for possible reentry points IF the stock has any momentum left or any intyerest.
    Why? Because the run up you are seeing is due to the retail run up for stocks just like an earnings run up or a stock split run up. It will soon deflate. Take profits soon.

Happy Trades!

#29     Nov 26, 2007
  10. up another 4% today! fourth quarter gonna be huge I think!

#30     Nov 27, 2007