Grinding it out, day after day

Discussion in 'Journals' started by lescor, Jan 9, 2010.

1. lescor

lescor

Still alive, still trading every day. At the point in my career now where I'll trade if I feel like it or if the opportunity is good, but I'm close to switching to putting in 30 minutes a day of work and managing a swing trade portfolio. I'm still daytrading a couple hours most days because it's cold outside and I have nothing else going on. Still better than a real job.

#1691     Jan 13, 2017
    conley1, Roffe, athlonmank8 and 3 others like this.
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Thanks for the update. Rereading your thread with a little more experience in stocks, it made a lot more sense, particularly when it comes to the volatility bursts you guys have in your P§Ls. As an ag futures trader, I never had those. In futures, you make slightly more with vol but never 10 times + your average day like you were experiencing in fall 2008.

Happy to hear you are still around. I was thinking the only *really* bad thing that could happen to you was an OO spreadsheet bug of epic proportion. I have a strategy where I send about 120 orders at the same second and I crap my pant every time ( I have 6 different automated checks before sending ). It is more dangerous than OOs though as it is during the main session and orders are immediately active.

Good trading.

#1692     Jan 13, 2017
  3. RTM in a strong trend? YES, YES, and YES!

#1693     Jan 20, 2017
  4. 777

What type of trading do you do these days?

Many years ago I think you were in a huge opening order crusher.

#1694     Sep 6, 2017
  5. 777

Do you still trade NYSE Opening Orders?

#1695     Oct 17, 2017
  6. whats your average holding periods on swing trades?

#1696     Dec 30, 2017