Grinding it out, day after day

Discussion in 'Journals' started by lescor, Jan 9, 2010.

1. I respect u no doji so don't get me wrong on this post but just because you make ur money on trend trading doesn't mean others are able to trade RTM in a strong trend mkt. I really hate that assumption of only being able to make money in trends.

#1681     Jan 20, 2014
  2. NoDoji

NoDoji

I trade in the direction of trends and I also trade RTM in both trends and ranges, and make money both with-trend and counter-trend.

But I don't trade RTM during strong trends. Strong trends give reversal signals and that's the time for RTM. The point of my previous post was that I believe Lescor has filters that keep him from fighting strong trends. If not, I doubt he'd be producing six figure profits each year.

#1682     Jan 20, 2014
  3. ltn2012

ltn2012

I finally found what i was looking for my entire life, ironically exactly after 7 years since i started and became obsessed with trading and markets in september 2006...i had my wake up from the markets last september!

Watching day in day out from last september now i´m confident that this is the turning point of my carrer and i really want to say thank you to Lescor who gave some good inpiration in the dark days when i was thinking like a lot of guys that there´s no consistent winners in this game...when i was thinking like....the markets have changed...it´s more tought now than ever...etc, etc!

I just learned that trading is like sports, films industry or music...many are called but few are chosen, i really don´t know how much money i´ll make this year but being different from last years i really don´t care!

Good luck to all in 2014 and thanks Lescor for the jornal....certainly helped a lot of guys (good information and inspiration from a real trader..."real time") at least for me since in 2010 we sold a family house and i started trade....i lost the money and was really painfull to me...used your jornal as an inspiration those years!

Everybody spreads...i´m not a spreader, i´m a Scalper in a bag! :cool:

Charlie Difrancesca

#1683     Jan 20, 2014
  4. lescor

lescor

Glad to hear this journal helped you Charlie, that's why I started it.
    Keep working hard. Think like a pro and act like one.

#1684     Jan 21, 2014
    Gaslight Capital likes this.
  5. ltn2012

ltn2012

Thanks Lescor, this jornal was an inspiration and still is to many people dreaming to become good traders like you...i will do my best in 2014 and let´s see at the end of the year the results!

Just to clarify Charlie Difrancesca was a pit trader (bonds) from the 80s...i´m Leandro T Neves (27 years old) from Brazil.

Thank you Lescor, you seem to be a wise person, you can always grow up listening to the right people!

Leandro

#1685     Jan 21, 2014
  6. pemully

pemully

I think lescor should not abandon this thread.I understand how tiring it is to answer the same petty questions over and over.

I think we would be satisfied with just one brief review of his trading every start of the year. I think that's not too much to ask.

#1686     Jan 21, 2014
  7. gmst

gmst

lescor, you should update this journal once every 3 months or so.

It serves as a great motivation for the readers. Thanks!

#1687     Apr 21, 2014
  8. LuckyJoe

LuckyJoe

I can't believe I read the whole thing. Thanks for a great read.

#1688     May 9, 2014
  9. Lescor,

I created an account here and took the time to read through the thread. You sharing your daily slog is very much appreciated and will certainly help me and many others build that crucial trading psychology to making it in the markets day after day. Best of luck to you.

#1689     Jun 18, 2014
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

What 's up with Lescor nowadays? I reread this thread as I am in a "reconversion" from commodity futures to stocks...I hope he is doing well.

#1690     Jan 3, 2017