Grey Box Scalping

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by punter, Jun 12, 2009.

1. punter

punter

if by high frequency you are suggesting black boxes, then no. Against another person...maybe... whether that person has the right tools or not, thats a different story.

#21     Jun 15, 2009
  2. ronedawg

ronedawg

Hey intradaybill

Cyborg is a grey box automated strategy builder. It runs over top of front ends like sterling. Some features include creating complex strategies and having them launched automatically from signals generated from Trade Ideas, or trading a basket of correlated or sector related stocks each one running a different strategy managed independently. They have a sim environment, which is free to download and use, where you can forward test strategies then flip a switch and go live. Specific features inside their strategy builder include trailing algos, replenishing orders, timed exits and cancels, and depth threshold technology that will allow you to launch trades when the number of shares reaches a certain number at a specified level.

That is just off the top of my head I would suggest contacting them or going to their website to get a free trial or more info.

#22     Jun 16, 2009
  3. Many of our guys have used "Scalper" programs for years. We have various incarnations in use right now. One of the originals came along about 10 years ago from T1CK3R.com ... Greg Rickard, who was one of the original Redi developers. More recently, we've been using a scalping pairs program from our group, Zoe Trading in Texas.

They all take work, all take monitoring and tweaking, but I have to agree with the poster, they are a valuable tool.

All the best,

Don

#23     Jun 16, 2009
  4. jim c

jim c

Ive been looking into Cyborg. Do you know what the cost is after the free trial? thx jim

#24     Jun 16, 2009
  5. ronedawg

ronedawg

Hey Jim

They have separate pricing schemes for futures traders using Xtrader and for stock traders. As well they have proprietary modules that will cost extra but are optional.

The base program for Xtrader is 500$ and the base for stocks is 250$.

#25     Jun 16, 2009
  6. ronedawg

ronedawg

forgot to mention that they have a free simulator available to download at any time and is always free.

#26     Jun 16, 2009
  7. jim c

jim c

Thx for the answer. I have been a Trade Idea user for a while and would like to automate a simple long only system using IB. Do you have any experience with this? Thanks again for your answer. JIm

#27     Jun 16, 2009
  8. ronedawg

ronedawg

Hey Jim

I have no exprience using IB, automating from cyborg using trade Ideas is very easy tho

#28     Jun 16, 2009
  9. jim c

jim c

Thanks agiain ronedawg!

#29     Jun 16, 2009
  10. JScott

JScott

The avg "professional" scalper's profitability would go up as more and more knuckleheads gravitate to the next, new thing in "scalping platforms" to make them a quick buck. they would then give their quick buck to the pros.

Eventually technology would begin leveling the playing field after a handful of years like it always does, so the good scalpers would see a small decline in success.

But just like front-end trading platforms have opened up trading overall to the average guy over the last 10 years, the pros aren't affected imo. Pro scalpers wouldn't be affected over the long haul either. Scalping tools would simply lead to a newbie's demise sooner due to higher trading frequency and quicker blowups.

Keep Trading.

#30     Jun 16, 2009