Grexit (Greece exiting Euro) what would be the consequences?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by uexkuell, Jun 26, 2015.

What would be the consequences of Grexit (Greece exiting Euro)

1. Euro decreasing

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
  2. Euro increasing

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  3. S&P 500 decreasing

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  4. S&P 500 increasing

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  5. DAX decreasing

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  6. DAX increasing

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. loyek590

loyek590

I watch nice day trades all the time. Doesn't really affect my account balance unless I am in.
    the hell with it, I am 100% flat, the fourth time in three days. That is unusual for me, but if they are going to give me that much money in that short amount of time I am going to take it. I don't need to see what is behind Door #3.

#71     Jun 30, 2015
  2. loyek590

loyek590

I'll put it back on at reduced size, and when I do it will be net short eur, but it won't have much to do with Greece

now if you will excuse me, if past performance is any kind of indication of future results, I am about to go into a drawdown. I just got lucky on that long eur. Most of my trades go through long losing periods. Getting stopped out. Taking the other side. Adding to positions. Day after day, week after week.

But it's always the same, "Keep your losses small and let your profits ride."

The market has already trended longer and harder than anybody believed was possible, and has been doing that for a long, long time. But one of these days, it is going to chop longer and harder than I ever thought possible, and that is when I am going to get wiped out.

So I have already accepted risk of ruin as the inevitable, so it's just a matter of time.

It helps if you sock away a little of your profits over the years in something conservative. That way, when you do finally get wiped out, you have something to live on.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    #72     Jun 30, 2015
  3. fhl

fhl

Well, I hope you'll continue to come back to et after you're wiped out.

#73     Jun 30, 2015
    loyek590 likes this.
  4. How stupid can the Greeks be???? They ask again 29 billion! And a new restructuring program.
    But they don't want to pay and don't want to make the necessary reforms.
    Europe already refused, they don't trust the Greeks anymore, and that is a problem..... for the Greeks. It is game over now.

Maybe Tsipras can ask 29 billion from Poetin? :D

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    #74     Jun 30, 2015
  5. piezoe

piezoe

HUH*!?! Translation please. I thought this thread had to do with Greece??

#75     Jun 30, 2015
    1. Greece asks to postpone the 1.6 billion for which they received already an additional delay till november.
    2. Greece proposed to delay the referendum if talks would resume.
    3. Fitch lowers rating for Greece. S&P did this already before.
    4. Maire from Athene asks Tsiprias to resign.
    5. Europe says if a new package of support, probably with much harder reorganisation. So more problems for Greece.
    6. Big manifestation now in Athene to vote YES in referendum.
    Greece played poker and lost everything, they are knocked out. Now it is panic in Greece. For the first time in Greek history they cannot life on other people's money but should work to pay themselves for their lazy life. Tsiprias actions damaged the Greek economy hugely instead of finding viable solutions.

Alea jacta est.

#76     Jun 30, 2015
    kinggyppo likes this.
  6. zdreg

zdreg

you mention US in your post while neglecting that the US has its own Greeces e.g. puerto rico, Illinois which will noticably effect stock market levels in the US.

#77     Jun 30, 2015
  7. loyek590

loyek590

correction: It's not Illinois, it's Chicago. Get on your scooter and head a few miles west to Peoria and observe Caterpillar. I doubt Greece has anything like that, or that Chicago can bring them down.

ok, carry on

#78     Jun 30, 2015
  8. loyek590

loyek590

whatever happened to Aristotle and Jackie? I bet they wouldn't be standing around letting this shit happen. Or maybe they soaked Greece for everything it was worth and got the hell out of there.

#79     Jun 30, 2015
  9. loyek590

loyek590

But I like the comparison. Greece is to the world about what Chicago, Detroit and Puerto Rico are. The only difference is, given the choice, I will always choose a Greek restaurant over all others. Once you get outside of Michigan, it's hard to find a good Detroit restaurant.

#80     Jun 30, 2015