Greenwich is an expensive place to live..

Discussion in 'Economics' started by demoship, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Ok, first off, about the insurance, I'm 21, insurance companies fuck people under 25, period.

I'm getting an awesome deal on my insurance as it is, no complaints there. And I MUST Have a car, how the hell do I go grocery shopping, etc?

Living in greenwich, instead of stamford or whatever.. When you have to get up at 6:30 in the morning to take a shower, get dressed, go to work, do you really want to have to get up at 5:30 or 6:00 because you have a longer commute? I sure as hell don't. If I had to commute 30 minutes to work, I'd probably lose my job for being late.

Room for pay increase.. There is a MASSIVE amount of room here. I'm fresh out of college, and this is my first real job ever. I'm expecting a total of a 40 - 50% increase in compensation within the next 1.5 years. If I don't get it, I'm going to get a new job.

After this job, I can easily get like 70K / yr w/ 8 hour workdays. If they won't pay me 90K / yr for 11 hour workdays after I learn everything and am an efficient employee, then I will look for other work. My 60K / year starting salary is PERFECTLY reasonable. Remember, every starting salary compensates for the fact that the person you hired might be a total fucktard, or who won't work out for other reasons. Plus I guarantee you the company spent at least 50K in getting me there (Both in costs of paying the headhunter fees, and loss of productivity in having the employees spend time interviewing people). Provided I show that I'm a good asset, they will pay me enough to give me incentive to stay.

#41     Jul 19, 2007
  2. chartie

chartie

Sounds like you’ve already had a plan and know what you’re doing.

So why did you start this thread in the first place?

Greenwich has changed a lot in recent years. It used be a very classy town, hardly appears on the news page of major newspapers. Residents hated to get outside attention. There were no street name and/or numbers in certain part of town.

No longer my favorite place to live.

Good luck and much success to you. :)

#42     Jul 19, 2007
  3. Surdo

Surdo

You have it made Bro!

Stock up the fridge from Costco and find a MILF to bang and buy you some nice threads!

Ever see the Poonani on Greenwich Ave during the day?

I would love to be in your shoes @ 21.

Good luck with your trading career. You seem cool, unlike most of the whiney, "how can I make easy money daytrading" losers on here!

el surdo

#43     Jul 19, 2007
  4. 30 min commute is too rough for you? OK, here is your new aspiration - no commute! I hear this guy has figured it out.

[​IMG]

#44     Jul 19, 2007
  5. Surdo

Surdo

Is that MichaelScott's crib?

e s

#45     Jul 19, 2007
  6. ehsmama

ehsmama

Geenwich is not expensive, YOU ARE POOR.. Go make some real money.

#46     Jul 19, 2007
  7. Surdo

Surdo

He probably makes more than you @ 1/2 your age you DOUCHE!

surdo

#47     Jul 19, 2007
  8. My sentiments exactly.
    Another waste of time on ET.
    Shocker.
    :(

#48     Jul 19, 2007
  9. I agree, I had 1-2 hour commute once, it was misery. And Metro North is no pleasant picnic at rush hour..

A good friend just started a new job in midtown, takes Metro N down from Stratford. 2 hours each way and $425/month in train/subway fare. Out the door at 5:50am, home around 7, working gov't hours! After 2 days, he decided he's moving to NYC. His wife lives in central CT, so Stratford was already living apart 5 nights a week (and just married two weeks ago). I love central CT, so I've offered him my place in the city, but he doesn't want to wife swap. :(

Indeed. Treasure that CT drivers license as if it's the One Ring.. :D

#49     Jul 19, 2007
  10. You have already made a few key errors.

At your age and level of income, you shouldnt have a new car or your own place.

It does "suck" to drive around in a 5 year old 100k+ miles Honda and have a roommate. However, if your only making that much and your still fairly young, it doesnt make sense to pay anymore then you absolutely have to.

#50     Jul 20, 2007