GreenTraderTax deleted and says goodbye

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by truncheon, Oct 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lindq

lindq

Actually, it would not be a bad business model if it was arranged that the commercial entities who were posting were to pay me a "click-thru" rate. Search engines have generated much of their income from a similar model.

As far as setting up a site for traders, who would want the grief?

Bitch, bitch, bitch!

#41     Oct 27, 2003
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

When you get it set up, let us know. In the meantime, why not ease up on the "bitch, bitch, bitch"?

#42     Oct 27, 2003
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

If you're intent on taking the high road, fanning the flames and continuing to whine about your treatment are not the way to go about it.

Anybody who cares knows how to get in touch with you.

#43     Oct 27, 2003
  4. he's stating his viewpoint and wants people on ET to hear it. there's no need for you to be an ass, but it appears you just can't help it. :-/

#44     Oct 27, 2003
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

He's already stated his viewpoint at length. But then you wouldn't know anything about being concise and to-the-point.

When do you begin your harangue about censorship or whatever?

#45     Oct 27, 2003
  6. I'll be seeking tax advice in the coming months and now I now I won't be using the new guy
    DS

#46     Oct 27, 2003
  7. Andre

Andre

I'll be seeking tax advice in the coming months and now I now I won't be using the new guy

Why on earth would you do that? Trader's Accounting has nothing to do with our actions. Our actions protect our revenue model. Tax advice is tax advice. There are countless brokers who have never ponied up, and we've deleted their posts. Basically, a sponsor pays for the right to promote online by sponsoring.

If we didn't stick to this policy, there'd be alot of hacks who can't trade, trying to sell their wares, all claiming that they're doing us a favor by posting valuable information. I will grant you that tax advice is different.

You guys have just deleted TONS of helpful information that he did not ask a penny for. Why don't you just delete his signature and link?

He is indeed getting lots of revenue from referral from our site, which makes his sense of entitlement even more frustrating... he refuses to pay for it, thinking he's somehow immune from rules that affect everyone else. Why should we have to delete his signature or links when we've told him, suggested and asked in the past that he refrain?

For a guy who's supposed to be up on compliance, he's ignored our requests time and again to respect our policy. Did he even attempt to respond to any of my points on why he won’t sponsor, on how he’s been asked to not post links?

He knows this site works. It’s as targeted a niche audience as he’s going to find. That’s why he takes the time to post. But as for reasons to not sponsor, he goes on about his ROI. Well, what’s his ROI if his posts are deleted. That’s all we have to protect this business model. And he knows it. So he claims he’s taking he high road.

We only began deleting posts he made this month, as that's when we brought on a new sponsor who now made any leeway we’ve given him in the past unnecessary. Trader’s Accounting hasn’t asked us to delete past posts or anything. But they will be able to give sound tax advice.

In short, if you knew what we knew, in trying to work with one person, in asking them to recognize our rules and policy, in asking them to respect our house... your outrage would indifference.

André

#47     Oct 27, 2003
  8. Daryn

Daryn

The idea that at the end of the day Elite Trader exists to generate advertising revenue is a load of crap. At the end of the day the only thing that matters is that the members of Elite Trader are happy. Without the members how much advertising do you think there would be? Piss off enough members and Elite Trader will no longer exist! Piss off the advertiser and they will keep coming back because either way, they want access to the thousands of potential customers!

Daryn

#48     Oct 27, 2003
  9. Baron

Baron ET Founder

All of your posts? The few posts that were deleted were submitted all on the same day or thereabouts and every post had links to GreenTraderTax's web site, which is a violation of our member agreement. Robert knows the rules and has complied with them all year long until just the other day.

Let me make this clear. I don't have a problem with Robert participating on the boards...never have. I even gave him the permission to repost any posts that were deleted as long as he excluded GTT advertisements at the end of them.

Robert has always had insightful answers and commentary. However, in our member agreement (which all members have to agree to when joining) we have specific rules that apply to using our site for promotional purposes. Robert knows the rules, as he has been warned by the moderators in the past, and afterwards agreed to comply.

Here is the exact rule, if anybody is interested.

Advertisements and solicitations of any kind are strictly prohibited unless you are a paying site sponsor. As a person who does not represent one of our site sponsors, you agree that you will not solicit our members with any type of commerical offer, or advertise your business through your posts, private messages, or signature file. This includes, but is not limited to, posting your phone or fax number(s) and posting any URLs or hyperlinks to your commercial web site(s) or email account(s). Elite Trader and its agents may remove or edit any posts that contain unauthorized advertisements or solicitations. You agree that Elite Trader may, without prior notice, immediately terminate your membership upon discovery of any unauthorized advertising or solicitation.

To me this rule is very simple. It was implemented years ago for two reasons:

1. Elite Trader is an advertiser-supported community, and we don't want people who don't pay to get the same advertising abilities as people who do. To allow this would be totally unfair to our paying sponsors.

2. We also implemented it so our regular members would not have to worry about people abusing the boards by constantly posting special offers, solicitations and advertisements.

I'm sorry if there are people who feel like these rules are burdensome. For those who feel like they can't post without including an advertisment at the end of their post, they should definitely stop posting if they don't want their content to be edited or deleted in the future. And for people who haven't yet registered to become a member, they should not sign up in the first place if they don't like the rules here.

But let me say this one more time, just to be crystal clear. I don't have a problem with Robert or anyone else with a trading-related business participating on the site, as long as they do not use their posts for promotional purposes. Thanks.

#49     Oct 27, 2003
  10. It should not surprise Robert, who was quite nasty to a number of former customers and refused to reach an amicable solution that someone else should return the conduct.

Pity that we had to read through all these tirades of "show me self pity". Ain't no pity here.

Grow up.

#50     Oct 27, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.