GreenTraderTax deleted and says goodbye

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by truncheon, Oct 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thanks elite, nice work.

2. Pabst

Pabst

No good deed goes unpunished.

3. Ebo

Ebo

That is disgusting.
    I am not surprised.

4. I'd elaborate on how typically disgusting this move by Elite was, but my writing would be wasted once this whole thread is deleted. My guess on when that will happen..................t minus 1 hour......

5. JT47319

JT47319

Is the difference between the companies large or minor? Is it simply business rivalry or do the companies have dynamically opposing viewpoints on the legal intepretations of the law? Meaning one of them is probably wrong in the eyes of the IRS.

6. Ebo

Ebo

Who pays for advertising space on Elite Trader?

7. jay123

jay123

Listen Baron is running a business here. When the day ends this site was put up for one reason:
    Sell advertising space.
    If the Advertisers leave do you think this site would even be in place?
    However, I understand greentree anger over this as his posts should have stood and not be censured out. If he was violating anything at the time of his writings (the code of ET) as far as doing subtle adverting then it should have been dealt with during the time of the replies and posts not like this.

Personally when it comes right down to it the site has 19500 members. Lets break that down to realistic numbers though. Each of us probably have 3 handles so lets say the real membership is more like 6000 members. Of those 6000 real members lets say 50% of have dropped off and have not come back as regular viewer since the last 5 years. So its more like 3000 real viewers. Now lets break it down further. The sponsors are selling goods and services for traders. When you break it down how many real fulltime traders are on this site with real money lets say over 50K in their account and trade actively I would say 500 tops.

So in reality the sponsors are spooning out alot of money per month to reach the same 500 people over and over again. I say go take some print advertising out or a bloomberg radio ad instead.

8. lundy

lundy

it's time for a new trading forum.

9. corvus

corvus

This is ridiculous. Baron...you cannot be serious?

10. Ebo

Ebo

Jay:
    I would say you are even high with that number of " active traders" with 50K plus in the account. My guess would be closer to 100.

ebo

#10     Oct 26, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.