Greenspan the Master.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by hairdresser, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Corporate debt is actually down. Coupled with us Chinese buying t-bonds enmasse that's why long term interest rates are low.
    Bad assumption, sorry.

#31     Jan 12, 2006
  2. He is good, thats for sure. Steely hand managing the biggest world economy.

#32     Jan 12, 2006
  3. hairdresser

I think you don't know what you are talking about. Greenspan the maestro ? wake up ! the guy has had as inflated a reputation as the bubbles he created. He has played the apprentice sorcerer with the economy. Are Americans better off ? not so sure...
    It was a great ride for speculators of all sorts but the gap between the haves and the have nots has done nothing but widening thanks in part to Alan Greenspan. The guy's constant and only concern about wage inflation when everything else is going up but nonchalance in front of an outrageous housing bubble he single handedly created just disgusts me. It's about time for him to go, he commanded way too much influence and respect. I think it will be different with a lower profile Bernanke. It's not good for the Fed to be a one man show , also they should go after one or two terms.

#33     Jan 12, 2006
  4. Created wealth for the already wealthy.

#34     Jan 12, 2006
  5. Why you Chinese are willing to hold the bag?

#35     Jan 12, 2006
  6. You shouldn't! Study my arguments & study the longer term charts for gold and the $-index! Maybe you and your friend Pabst ultimately will start to grasp that something is wrong, seriously wrong!

#36     Jan 12, 2006
  7. Nothing is wrong, the US is a giant ATM, everyone that wants to do any business is in the US.

Long live the Keepers of the Salon.

#37     Jan 12, 2006
  8. Only your hairdresser knows for sure.

#38     Jan 12, 2006
  9. i wouldn't say perfect. if its soft he can count himself lucky that certain events don't occur.

techs crashed in 2000, solution create another bubble for a soft landing. now they overshoot on rate hikes and will have to drop rates when growth slows late in the year. but wait, a dropping dollar could complicate matters...

leading to a crash

#39     Jan 12, 2006
  10. this isn't a very smart comment. gold has more value than any currency. when currencies turn to toilet paper gold will be standing tall and proud

in times of crisis gold will always be there.

#40     Jan 12, 2006