Greenspan says US interest rates going to double digits

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Tracy McGreedy, Sep 15, 2007.

1. dtan1e

dtan1e

y, somehow greenspan is always popping out once in a while to make some 2 cts comment, i think he sh "retire" gracefully

#31     Sep 17, 2007
  2. I'm an optimist!

#32     Sep 17, 2007

3. How many can afford a mortgage now?

#33     Sep 17, 2007
  4. kashirin

kashirin

that's not true. in 40 years inflation inflated 1$ to 0.20

Housing was affordable in 60s. One person could easily pay mortgage and have his wife and 5 children at home

Now 1 chid or not at all, both have to work and still can't buy 400K house

#34     Sep 17, 2007
  5. dtan1e

dtan1e

agree, your life now is worst off than the cave man's !

#35     Sep 17, 2007
  6. Gyles

Gyles

What ever may be the case, we really need to give credit to Mr. Greenspan credit, for he spoke his mind, he spoke what he himself believed in. These are the people who really matter and we need more people like them to in public service who shall speak what they believe in.

However and unfortunately the problem here is that every stock bubble and now the housing bubble will end in recession.

#36     Sep 19, 2007
  7. gnome

gnome

Lots of folks think "corporations control government". I don't buy that.

It's "government at the expense of the people". They are plenty criminally dishonest and larcenous all on their own.

We had a Revolution 230 years ago to get King George off our backs. We need another one now to get US Gummint off our backs! (Is there irony?... King George, George Bush? Our mess isn't ALL his fault though.. he's just the latest in a lonnnng line of liars and thieves.)

#37     Sep 19, 2007

8. That's spot on, have you priced a cave recently?

I think they call them "bed-sits' or "apartments" now, only your not allowed to spear anyone who comes to the door, or hunt wildlife in the surrounding wilderness.

Total rip off.:mad:

Edit-Greenspan never speared a bison, or a wisent in his life, what does he know.

#38     Sep 19, 2007
  9. yes, realize it now.

#39     Jun 26, 2008
  10. what does that mean?, never heard that one

#40     Jun 27, 2008