Greenspan says time is ripe for a 3rd party

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Feb 27, 2006.

1. jem

jem

I was about to say that I am concerned I am starting to agree with some of ddooo posts. Then I see that pat buchanan agress so at least I can still call myself a conservative. I would just dread having to call myself a liberal because I think trade means bilateral trade.

#11     Feb 27, 2006
  2. Arnie

Arnie

If liberals had their way, we would still have union workers making buggy whips with the government subsidizing the purchase of same buggy whips since there would be no market for buggy whips. Think about this. With every sector that has seen jobs going overseas, those displaced workers were able to move up to higher paying jobs. Who the hell wants a job that can be done by a peasant for a fration of the pay? This country is still the premier leader in high tech manufacturing.

#12     Feb 27, 2006
  3. The problem is the US worker, union workers especially, have gotten used to making a high wage for lower end work. They are not willing to retool themselves to take advantage of the changing envirinment and consequently are coinsequently unable to compete in a global environment.

Compounding the matter is the large amount of regulation that US companies face that others do not. no to mention the pegginf of the Yaun to the Dollar.

#13     Feb 28, 2006
  4. Good points. Capitalism is the most efficient system, but its workings are not always pretty.

I don't see what any of this has to do with Greenspan's comments. Both parties are already sold out to the beneficiaries of wage arbitrage and off-shoring of US jobs. they also agree on ignoring the immigration laws and importing an army of iilegal alien low wage workers here.

Interestingly, the extreme elements of both parties are totally fed up with their elected representatives and party officials. In the case of the democrats, it is having an obvious effect, as their presidential contenders are moving left quickly and their party leaders are incresingly pandering to the left wing kooks. The republicans should face a real battle over the '08 nomination, as there is little love lost between the party officials and the social activists.

#14     Feb 28, 2006
  5. As this thread is already off topic, just thought I'd put in my 2 cents about the '08 situation.

I think the Republicans are gonna get slaughtered because they have drifted from the small Gov, small spending platform. Although everyone is thinking its the Iraq issue, I do not believe that tips the balance. Spending like there is no tomorrow does. I have personally always been a Republican (I'm 44 BTW), but I do not consider myself one anymore. There is another thread here about a third party (which has also gone off topic). I believe the time is ripe for such a party. Maybe small taxing, small spending, and don't even interfere with most social issues such as abortion. The religious right is outta control.

#15     Feb 28, 2006