Greenspan ... ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Bono, Jul 22, 2002.

1. How the mighty have fallen! It wasn't all that long ago that Greenspan was being hailed as an economic miracle worker.
    I guess the "smooth landing" rationale (remember that? seems like a lifetime ago) he used to raise interest rates has put an end to that.

#31     Jul 23, 2002
  2. Bono

Bono

daniel, and see my reply to your trash in chit chat :)

P.S. you might also wanna take a look at Don Bright's post ... full of wisdom ... instead of fury ...

#32     Jul 23, 2002
  3. TallPaul

TallPaul

In response to the first point of the editorial:

How could I have been so blind as not see the similarity between the Nazi's slaughtering an entire innocent people and the U.S defending itself against unprovoked terrorist attacks?

#33     Jul 23, 2002
  4. Bono

Bono

A wise man (president) would use the right people at the right places at the right time ...

Having been successful in the past, doesn't make Greenspan an all-time hero ... or otherwise, let's bring Ronald Reagan back ...

#34     Jul 23, 2002
  5. Bono

Bono

TallPaul,

I guess some points in that editorial need to be completely ignored .. or maybe he just meant that the US is the one fighting against another Nazi movement ... I'm sorry sometimes my French just doesn't help ... I guess he just meant the US locked itself in this never ending war agaisnt terror ...

#35     Jul 23, 2002