Greenspan ... ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Bono, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Four of a Kind beats a Full House anytime, uh, doesn't it?

Hey, let's let Jeb's brother make more comments about the markets....

You know, get your shorts ready

#21     Jul 23, 2002
  2. Bono

Bono

I heard Greenspan promised to resign when the DOW is at 1,000 NASDAQ at 100 and the S&P at 10.

#22     Jul 23, 2002
  3. The problem is more the ecomonic plan of Bush. At the peek of the market about 70% of the money come from international investors. Since this moment, many international investors have comeback at their home as European. This is why the Euro is so stronger against the U$. International investor don't accept recent economic conflits that Bush have created, they don't accept that a country could reduce his tax while at the same moment it have a big deficit and need to borrow this money. If we hope to see the market at a significative higher level, we have need of international investor money, and they have need to believe that this country could be managed with a better economic plan than now, not a big secret.

#23     Jul 23, 2002
  4. Bono

Bono

North Pesos,

That's exactly why I asked who appoints the fed Chairman. I have absolutely no problem with Bush Senior or Clinton, because back then Greenspan did what he was hired to do. But right now, I guess G W Bush first got too busy digesting the miracle of becoming president (thanks to the stupid court) with votes he didn't even earn ... then came September 11 .... so he sank even deeper in insomnia .... and then the War against terror ... thanks to Hollywood movies ... and meanwhile, the whole world, and especially Europe took advantage of his child play ... and are wisely planning their revenge at the US ... Europe, u know, has always hated the US for knocking her off the world's leadership ... oh guess what ? They're taking it back ... or so they think .. I will post a translation of a French editorial on that subject on a separate thread ...

#24     Jul 23, 2002
  5. egildone

egildone

I remember He and Gerald Ford in the fall of 1974 initiated the WIN (Whip Inflation Now) program complete with WIN buttons just as inflation peaked the day after they announced the program... that's 26 years ago and he is still there screwing things up!

Ed

#25     Jul 23, 2002
  6. Most people have been scared that if greenspan had a heart attack or something the markets would fall, once there was a rumor on cnbc that he was in an accident and the market tanked. Now that the markets are in such a poor state perhaps he should step down. I couldnt believe watching the hearings when everyone was fawning all over this man. Yes there are bear markets and yes the government tends to start them but they said he is the best ever. They should have called him on the carpet about why he raised rates so many times or why he withdrew liquidity so quickly and a host of other issues. They were kissing the mans butt instead of doing there homework. Now in there defense most of there assets are in lock boxes and being millionaires they are indifferent to market fluctuations, they have income producing properties so a few thousand points to the downside is largely irrelavent.

#26     Jul 23, 2002
  7. Cesko

Cesko

They're taking it back ... or so they think .. I will post a translation of a French editorial on that subject on a separate thread ...

Who the hell cares what French have to say?
    To say Europeans hate America is too strong of the word.
    To say French hate America would be much closer to the truth.
    15 years ago, you could hear over and over Japan is going to rule the world. HA HA HA

Anybody who is bitching about current situation is probably too young to realize that times get tough every now and then.

#27     Jul 23, 2002
  8. Bono

Bono

Cesko, what u said makes a lot of sense to me ... except for this one "Who the hell cares what French have to say?"

I think you should care about everything that's being said about you, especially if it comes from leading world countries (France being one of them) ... you can throw it in the garbage later on ... but only after you analyze it and give it its proper assessment ...

We wouldn't wanna see another 9/11 ... or would we ?

#28     Jul 23, 2002
  9. Bono

Bono

This is a brief translation of what Claude Imbert, famous journalist with French "Le Point" had to say in his "Et pourtant, it tourne !" editorial a couple of weeks ago :

1 - The US is busy fighting the "axis of evil", and is ready to fight the whole world in order to complete its mission, in what is regarded as another form of nazism.

2 - The US forms a strategic alliance with Russia to confront the rising Chinese monster.

3 - Europe should get united headed by the old French-German couple.

4 - England and Italy should stop sticking to the US and unite with the rest of Europe because only that unity could give Europe its well deserved international power.

5 - France with its historical ties with the Islamic world (especially in North Africa) could succeed in what the US has failed to achieve : Deal with the Islamic world, through assisting Islamic reformists.

In addition, Marie Bordet, another famous journalist with "Le Point", clearly favored a stronger Euro against the Dollar long before it happened. She sounded pretty organized and proud to state her reasons :

1 - Corporate Corruption in the US.
    2 - 450 Billion Dollars deficit in the US Balance of payment.
    3 - Lack of confidence in American Capitalism.

And yet, she was very careful not to declare victory, at least until European countries start showing some healthy GDP numbers, and their markets start heading up.

#29     Jul 23, 2002
  10. See my reply to this trash in Chit Chat.

#30     Jul 23, 2002