Greenspan - Best Story teller since Walt Disney

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Detonator, Sep 27, 2005.

Greenspan speech ?

1. Walt Disney stuff

25 vote(s)
    67.6%
  2. NEW ECONOMY chapter

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. First it was Mr. Randomness over in chit chat.

Now its Mr. The Great Depression of 1990

You have any more "winners" out there who wrote such "insightful" pieces of "work?"

#51     Oct 9, 2005
  2. .

Toc: By the way, My choice for Fed Reserve Chairman is Robert Rubin. A Wall Street master economist who was the 'bright child' of Clinton Administration and as a Treasury Secretary he was the architect behind the Balanced Budget. This Balanced Budget plan was to be in force for next 10 years to help protect social security and other funding.

SouthAmerica: I agree with you Robert Rubin did an excellent job as Treasury Secretary. But don’t forget the first treasury secretary of the Clinton administration – he also did an outstanding job.

Lloyd M. Bentsen was nominated by President Bill Clinton to be the 69th Secretary of the Treasury. He served from January 20, 1993 until December 22, 1994.

As Secretary of the Treasury, Bentsen helped to shepherd the 1993 deficit-reduction bill through Congress and also Clinton's first budget through Congress.

The 1993 deficit reduction bill was arguably the single biggest legislative contribution to the budget surpluses that have been achieved in the late 1990s.

Paul O’Neil was fired from his job because he did not agree with the economic policies of the Bush administration. Since then we have a “Buffoon” as the Treasury Secretary.

In my opinion, Robert Rubin would be my second choice to be the replacement of Alan Greenspan at the Fed.

My first choice is Stephen Roach – from Morgan Stanley – in my opinion, he is the best candidate available to replace Alan Greenspan.

Robert Rubin is a democrat and George W. Bush would never pick a democrat to replace Greenspan.

Regarding Stephen Roach I have no idea if he is a democrat or a republican – I just know that he is the best choice for the Fed Chairman’s job.

#52     Oct 9, 2005