Greenleaf's Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by greenleaf, Jul 2, 2003.

1. GNSS is a dead cat that hopefully has one more bounce in it.

#41     Jul 7, 2003
  2. ICOS: A stop below the last three days' low makes for a bit of risk ($1.50) as this stock moves more and is priced higher than the stocks I'm usually in. But the upside is pretty good, too.

#42     Jul 7, 2003
  3. ALKS is another one that has a good lowside support level and some upside movement potential.

#43     Jul 7, 2003
  4. I've been watching SEPR for a week or more, waiting for it to resume its uptrend. It's been consolidating and finally looks like it is going to move up again.

#44     Jul 7, 2003
  5. CAL doesn't have a huge upside, but it doesn't have a big downside, either, with a well-placed stop. I may be able to pull a buck out of it.

#45     Jul 7, 2003
  6. Last night I mentioned a new indicator I created over the weekend for showing where a symbol's price is within its daily range.

It worked out nicely today, as I was able to focus right on the stocks that were moving and breaking out. I suspect it will have some use when the markets move down, as well, for quickly spotting shorting opportunities when a stock breaks through the bottom of the day's range.

Attached is a screen shot excerpt showing this new indicator. As realtime quotes came in today, the position was calculated on the fly (from -10 to 10, with 10 being at the high of the day, -10 at the low, and 0 in the middle. The color changes accordingly).

The screen shot also shows the scores I assigned today. 100 means I own it, 90 means go get it, 80 means keep a close eye, 70 means a good potential, etc. You can see the 70's I assigned today in this screen shot and some of their charts above.

-- DG

#46     Jul 7, 2003
  7. swimmus

swimmus

I am reading.

#47     Jul 8, 2003
  8. I just closed out my TRAD position and booked $353 after commissions. I did not want to screw around with it since it made a new high. Details later...

#48     Jul 8, 2003
  9. I just purchased 300 SEPR @ 19.71 and 500 ALKS @ 11.09.

ADRX is up $198 and AMLN is up $146 so far.

AMLN went absolutely nuts a few minutes ago and jumped from 21.95 to 23.46 in all of three minutes. I'm wondering what happened. Maybe I'll go look later and try to find out. Fortunately, it worked in my favor this time!

-- DG

#49     Jul 8, 2003
  10. Just sold ADRX and booked $355. I wanted to limit my exposure overnight and didn't want to get greedy. Realized PNL so far today: $708.

Opened a small position in GNSS: 200 @ 15.60.

So, I am left with:

AMLN 200
    SEPR 300
    ALKS 500
    GNSS 200

I will keep these positions overnight unless something drastic happens in the next 35 minutes.

-- DG

#50     Jul 8, 2003