Greenleaf's Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by greenleaf, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Another 80 is TRAD. I feel like if I can catch a bit of a bounce off of the 7/1 low, it would be a good bet for a long position. It has a little more downside risk than REGN, and is more volatile (ranked 6 in my volatility rankings), so I'd have to keep a close eye on it.

#31     Jul 6, 2003
  2. I hit preview reply on my last post and lost the attached file I browsed for. Here it is.

#32     Jul 6, 2003
  3. I was in AMLN recently and got out. It may be time to get back in.

#33     Jul 6, 2003
  4. As I look at the charts I'm posting, they all seem to be similar. Strong uptrends, a relatively sharp pullback, and some recent consolidation. Since they were in such a strong uptrend previously, I like them from the long side rather than the short. But that is why I may not enter any of these -- they could continue down after the consolidation.

Here's another I scored 80. ADRX. Not too much downside risk.

#34     Jul 6, 2003
  5. ICST presents a borderline 80 for me. It did not pullback a whole heck of a lot from the recent high before the consolidation. But it has challenged pretty much the same support level the last three days in the 30.70 - 31 area, so worst case is a stop below this level.

#35     Jul 6, 2003
  6. JBL received my final 80 score of the weekend. The hammer on 7/1 makes me a little nervous as it shows the downside risk, but on the intraday chart, it looks like there weren't many trades there -- possibly just one huge trade on the open. Other than that, support is just under 22, so it could be okay.

#36     Jul 6, 2003
  7. Despite the fact that all of the stocks I posted yesterday have risen so far today, I am on the sidelines. I missed the open this morning and don't feel like I am in sync with what's going on in the market today. I need to look at positions that look good at least into tomorrow (thank you PDT), so I will be waiting until the 2 to 3:30 timeframe so I can see if there is a selloff or not. At that time, I may enter. The problem is that if I buy now and the market sells off this afternoon, I will either be screwed or use up my daytrades.

I like the probability that one day's finish dictates the next day's open.

I am not going to overtrade or be in the market just because it is up right now. It is better to make gains too slowly than lose one's account too quickly.

-- DG

#37     Jul 7, 2003
  8. I opened three positions at the end of the day. As I mentioned, I was waiting to see if there would be a sell-off, and it never came, so I entered, hoping the uptrend will continue into tomorrow.

I went long in TRAD, AMLN, and ADRX. All three were up today and look to have some more room for growth.

REGN gapped up this morning. I didn't buy it because it didn't show any reason to believe that it will continue up rather than filling the gap back down.

ICST made a good move today, but doesn't have enough room between where it is now and the high from 6/27 to justify the risk.

JBL made a strong move upward today, but there's no logical support level and the full day's range is too big a stop for my account.

#38     Jul 7, 2003
  9. Here is my account for today. Since I entered my positions at 3:45pm, there is a modest unrealized gain.

If you're following this journal, please let me know if there's anything you'd like me to cover in more detail, less detail, or whatever. Keeping a journal like this is great for discipline, but it's hard to tell if anyone's getting anything out of it.

-- DG

#39     Jul 7, 2003
  10. I just went through and re-scored my top 100 ranked stocks while watching the Tour de France highlights on the Outdoor Life channel in my office.

I scored no 80s today, but twelve 70s. Still no really good short candidates.

I'll post some charts. Again, you'll be able to see some similarities in what I am looking for.

-- DG

#40     Jul 7, 2003